Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

sturmbann "Nürnberg"- question.

Article about: Kind hour Gentlemen. on this photo soldiers from . my question- why shoulder straps dont correspond to a rank of these soldiers? Colleagues, many thanks for Attention to my thread. Best Rega

?

Default sturmbann "Nürnberg"- question.

Kind hour Gentlemen.
    on this photo soldiers from sturmbann "Nürnberg"sturmbann "Nürnberg"- question.sturmbann "Nürnberg"- question..
    my question- why shoulder straps dont correspond to a rank of these soldiers?
    Colleagues, many thanks for Attention to my thread.
    Best Regards, Re.
    Best Regards, Regen.
    frontovik.org

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sturmbann "Nürnberg"- question.
    P
    Many

At this time, both men and NCOs wore the same generic cloth shoulder straps.

Shoulder boards that displayed the exact rank of the NCOs were only introduced later.

(I can't specify the timeframe, as I am abroad right now and don't have access to my references.)

?

Dear Colleague HPL2008,
    Thanks for your answer!
    I have drawn the same conclusion having read Mollo book. but alas, in Mollo book, no more exact information(dates/numbers orders, etc).

if you are able to share with me any new information, I Will be very grateful to you.
    Thanks.
    Kind Regards, Re.
    Best Regards, Regen.
    frontovik.org

?

I think that this photo is made in 1938.
    but it would be desirable to have a little more information.
    Best Regards, Regen.
    frontovik.org

CBH
    ?

The Waffen-SS use of Army style, shoulder boards were introduced for officers stating in 1938 , while the enlisted versions were introduced in 1935.
    According to "Cloth Insignia of the SS"

?

Thanks for reply, Dear Colleague Chris.
    tell, it means that the photo is made till 1935?
    Quote by CBH View Post
    The Waffen-SS use of Army style, shoulder boards were introduced for officers stating in 1938 , while the enlisted versions were introduced in 1935.
    According to "Cloth Insignia of the SS"
    Best Regards, Regen.
    frontovik.org

CBH
    ?

SS-Sturmbann Nürnberg was formed in Aug/Sept 1936 and only lasted till 38/39, I'd say this is a very early photo of them.

You do want to read this book to get an insight into the evolution of the SSVT and SSTV in the view of the army leadership, especially in the epoch 1934-1938/9.
    Mueller interprets this process in detail. Mr. d'Alquen or Wim may have the uniform insignia documents of relevance, but it is the general skepticism of the army
    towards these units and the grudging process of affiliation (not integration...) which is of merit. Also, obsolete insignia were worn beyond their replacement
    and so forth. One of our members first posted this image, and likely has more data on it.sturmbann "Nürnberg"- question.

I do not want to march into anyone's parade, but Angolia is so derivative and so full of errors that I would be disinclined to cite it anymore, but
    that's me. To each his own.

The other point being the absolute jealousy and sovereignty of the army of its rank insignia, and its hegemony over these badges of rank especially in the transitional
    period where the armed SS is constituted, and then, from 1938 onward, is affiliated and then more or less integrated into the military order of battle.
    But this process was not as the SS memoir literature tells it, but more zig zagged, with much military resistance and skepticism as well as resistance
    by the SS to the customs and habits of the soldierly caste. If this does not make sense, then read more about the SS.

?

mr.Berthold, many Thanks for your reply.
    your opinion was important to me.
    alas, books havent given me the exact answer to my question.
    perhaps I wasnt rather attentive.
    once again Thanks.
    Best Regards, Re.
    Best Regards, Regen.
    frontovik.org

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast