Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sudeten Allgem. SS uniform

Article about: Whereas elsewhere I described how many black SS uniform hail from western Germany (where I think US soldiers and then stationed US forces in NATO have snagged them in the days of easy pickin

Default Sudeten Allgem. SS uniform

Whereas elsewhere I described how many black SS uniform hail from western Germany (where I think US soldiers and then stationed US forces in NATO have snagged them in the days of easy pickings...), here is an exception, a Sudeten German (i.e. nowadays Czech Republic chiefly...) black uniform that appeared on a site from Prague, I believe. An attractive piece. The moths did some ravage on the collar patches, but these were 100% wool and especially lecker. Was this Montur in a theater? A local collector in Czechia? Some treasure trove? From space aliens in the Bohemian forest?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sudeten  Allgem. SS uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sudeten  Allgem. SS uniform
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sudeten Allgem. SS uniform

The Sta. 100 was headquartered in Reichenberg, a locale whose name in Czech is Liberec, in northern Bohemia near the border with Saxony.

Notice how this tunic has the roman numeral II on the cuff title, which is the HQ staff for the II Sturmbann in the pattern as worn ( I believe...) after 1937/8. There was a significant reform of SS dress regulations in the year 1937. Considering that this unit must have been raised in very late 1938 or early 1939, this arrangement of badges make sense.

This Montur sold for ten thousand Euros a while ago. At today's rate, that is 16,000 dollars, but at the time it was closer to 10,000 dollars, I recall.

Happy collecting.

I include this exception to my generalization as an indication that I am, myself, skeptical of many of my hypotheses. Or at least I am very open to other views, especially when they are argued persuasively.

Elsewhere I posted a uniform from Saaz, which was in the vicinity of Karlsbad, (Karolvy Vary...the spa heaven favored by the K u K upper 10, 000 and also Russians of the belle epoque). This Sudeten tunic was secured by US soldiers, which, as my readers recall, made their way to Plzen. Hence, it is also possible to find a Sudeten uniform of this kind bagged by GIs in the classical manner. The latter is the exception, however.

I also rather think that there has been a chunk of fake Allgem. SS regalia from Czechia, at least collar patches...or not. Who can keep us up to speed on this score?

I also hardly need mention that the famous Barandov studios offered up treasures in their own time as well. Surely our friends here have stories on this account.

We are grateful to our Estonian colleagues for gripping account of material from the USSR and its nationalities and nations.

Happy collecting.

The Saaz uniform...gotten by a GI on the march to Plzen.
    Attached Images Attached Images Sudeten  Allgem. SS uniform 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-19-2008 at 04:54 AM.

Standarte 101, Saaz Karlsbad.
    Attached Images Attached Images Sudeten  Allgem. SS uniform 

This is the cap that came with this Montur. Whose head fit into it in turbulent time?Sudeten  Allgem. SS uniformSudeten  Allgem. SS uniform

The cap is pictured in the Wilkins book, in fact. For what it is worth.

A black uniform from the west, i.e. from Oberabschnitt "Rhein" which as of 1940 became "Rhein Westmark" with the absorption of the territories conquered in the campaign of said year.Sudeten  Allgem. SS uniformSudeten  Allgem. SS uniformSudeten  Allgem. SS uniformSudeten  Allgem. SS uniformSudeten  Allgem. SS uniform

PS to my great regret, I failed to buy this nice piece.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-11-2011 at 12:39 AM.

?

Thank you again for sharing the images of this Sudeten Allgem. SS uniform and more importantly your comments. I have read through most of your posts in this forum and I am thankful for your participation.

Sudeten  Allgem. SS uniform
    Ill bet if we could ask these two Standartenfuhrer from the Dienstaltersliste der Schutzstaffel der NSDAP April 1942 they might know the owner of the Rhein tunic. Or maybe not.
    Sudeten  Allgem. SS uniform

Thanks for your research and nice image. I appreciate your kind words. I am sure the identity of the owner of the OA Rhein piece can be determined. I am peeved I could not snag the thing.
    Once more thanks and all the best with your study.

The strange bow cut of the collars is very cool.The way they bow in,very sharp cut.