Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

summer tunic for LAH Officer

Article about: I would say that this is a modern tunic of either East or West German origin. These are popular with re enactors as they "look the part" (as long as you don't look to closely) and

Default Re: summer tunic for LAH Officer

I would say that this is a modern tunic of either East or West German origin.
    These are popular with re enactors as they "look the part" (as long as you don't look to closely) and are really cheap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement summer tunic for LAH Officer
    P
    Many

It is a post war West German Bundeswehr summer tunic. The giveaway is the removed label over which a large ink stamped letter "A" was overstamped to show it was sold as surplus.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

So it would seem the label was removed as a poor attempt to deceive.

Indeed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is totally correct 1960's White Summer tunic.........the missing label (as shown below)l is for the washing instructions ! and as Ade has said the "A" stamp is a surplus marking for BW clothing items.....sad really that plonkers do this...the tunic is now worthless...even in its BW form it is rare and would of been worth around £100. The example shown is probably a BW Marine (Navy) example, as it is an issue tunic...in the BW Army & LW these tunics were slightly different in cut and worn only by Officers and were private purchase, so they are not marked with an "A", pity the faker did not know this, it may of been slightly more convincing !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture summer tunic for LAH Officer  
    Attached Images Attached Images summer tunic for LAH Officer 

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is a post war West German Bundeswehr summer tunic. The giveaway is the removed label over which a large ink stamped letter "A" was overstamped to show it was sold as surplus.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hey, I really appreciate the reply on this one, thank you for helping me correctly identify the tunic.

William Kramer

A= ausgemustert or ausgesondert, which is a sure sign of its Bundeswehr past.
    We have examples of real white SS uniforms here, and, plainly all the insignia is junk on this piece, as well.
    I owned a real white LAH tunic in the 1970s, which I traded to Heinz von Hungen. I wish I still had an image of it.
    It came with a grey silk SS cap, the image of which I still do have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2