Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????

Article about: WW2fanatic....I do have to say that the photos Friedrich has posted over the years speaks more in volumes,, then what words can express. I am not an SS cap collector,,but within less than a

Default Re: Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 466884Attachment 466883I think the corpse is in Dresden, the gruesome result of the opening of an air raid shelter some months after the war with its awful victims who had all been suffocated.
    The image is typical of many photos of the rubble in 1945 and 1946 which have artistic and historical merit.
    The richness of the past consists of its contrasts and how these illustrate human folly. To highlight this signal fact about our interest is entirely my responsibility.
    I count myself as very fortunate to have a lady-friend that survived this tragedy. For many years, we have been spending evenings together, writing down her memories - those of this episode in history, and so many others. At one time, I aspired to the thought of sharing these stories with the world some day - but recently, I have come to change my thoughts. Things have been told, that I feel in this day and age, nobody could believe - and not only do I feel this way, but she does as well. This image always reminds me of an episode she recounted about a close relative - one that ended up with terribly burned hands from testing the temperature of the bunker door, after a bombing, and prior to an attempt at opening the door. Three days [yes indeed- three days!] had passed since the last sound of a bomb - and the door was still hot enough to burn this mans hands to the door! I come back to these tales often . . . and we are still working together on more of her experiences to this day . . . I feel they help me place many things into proper perspective - not only about the past, but as well about the present. No day passes by, that I refrain from asking myself, how fortunate am I?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????
    P
    Many

The extremely late war firebombing of Dresden is and always has been a very much discussed subject. Whether one agrees or disagrees with Bomber Harris's campaigns, it is a fact, nonetheless, that both Dresden and others such as Hamburg sustained staggering casualties and damages beyond description. Thousand's of civilians simply ceased to exist.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The extremely late war firebombing of Dresden is and always has been a very much discussed subject. Whether one agrees or disagrees with Bomber Harris's campaigns, it is a fact, nonetheless, that both Dresden and others such as Hamburg sustained staggering casualties and damages beyond description. Thousand's of civilians simply ceased to exist.
    Couldn't agree more . . . and as I mentioned in my post, for me, it's really not worth hashing argument over the topic in any further depth - especially when the tone turns toward a "tit-for-tat" battle between those that did not live to experience the tragedy. "Bomber Harris", and any other hot-button aside, reflection on the past is good for all - but belittling each other over facts and events of which none of us had any control over, I find it very callow and adolescent.

?

Guys this is a Topic re a Black Cap let's not lead it down the path of the Why's and Wherefores of the horrors of War ,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Guys this is a Topic re a Black Cap let's not lead it down the path of the Why's and Wherefores of the horrors of War ,

cheers

Paul
    True. Posting images and/or words that are not of direct correlation to this "Black Cap" do have the power to sway discussion from topic - if the desire to maintain strict course is paramount, then yes, I agree. My apologies for engaging in either activity.

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????black hats....in these instances authentic ones.

?

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    True. Posting images and/or words that are not of direct correlation to this "Black Cap" do have the power to sway discussion from topic - if the desire to maintain strict course is paramount, then yes, I agree. My apologies for engaging in either activity.
    The best thing about this forum IMO is when we do stray off topic and we all end up learning something new.

However, I think Paul was referring to this thread straying into stormy waters with talk of Harris' bombing campaign. That subject matter never ends in cordial behaviour or amicable agreement and is better left alone.

The organizers should establish a "historiography, historical debate and national perspectives" rubric, which should also have a sudden death, one shot, one kill function when people embark on a neo Nazi agenda or some obnoxious political needling or tantrums that belong on the majority of politically berserk websites. The latter are as plentiful as fake "sculls" and as tasty. A historical controversies rubric should also have a board of overseers, who establish bona fides to participate as well as a test for admission and peer review by the overseers. Then we can debate things in good order and discipline. There should also be a code of conduct and rules on good behavior more rigorous than the normal.
    The study of the past is full of controversy, full of conflict that derives from conflict itself. Such is normal and healthy. Paul E, however, established good order and discipline for the benefit and safety of all. I am grateful to my friend N.C. Wyeth and Ben for their thoughtful and reflective posts.
    Ben is good at making one connection with one thing and then another and always challenges me with the need for more evidence as does N.C. Wyeth.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-17-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????foetid woolens.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-17-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4