Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Talking about Germania items..

Article about: Yes mate, sorry for not replying. No problem, I'll just hold off writing the description until it arrives

?

Default Talking about Germania items..

Just picked up this great little sidecap marked 11./SS-Rgt.Germania. Minus insignia unfortunately (not for long though and evidence of a soutache but can't tell what colour.
    I haven't seen many other SS field caps marked in this fashion, has anyone else?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Talking about Germania items..   Talking about Germania items..  

Talking about Germania items..   Talking about Germania items..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Talking about Germania items..
    P
    Many

Default Re: Talking about Germania items..

Hi Ben, I have seen one before, not in hand, but online.

Cheers, Ade.

?

They don't come more textbook SS sidecap than this one and I've owned a few.. As for the stamp, well, it might take a leap of faith but it's sure looks original to me.

?

Just got it home today and the light has totaly gone now to take anymore photos tonight.

Just my tuppence worth
    The 2 caps shown in the last few posts are not remotely the same. The one Ben shows, is about as good as it gets, however, as the man said himself, it sometimes takes a leap of faith regarding the stamps. Personally, I haven't seen a stamp quite like it, but then I haven't seen everything

To put it into contex Why would a bogus stamp be done to a legit cap? .......but is it bogus?

?

A leap of faith in addition to some experience which suggests to me that the stamp is original because it shows the same amount of natural conditioning as the other stamp in the cap, the size, plus of course the format and Fraktur typeface used for "Germania" is typical of the period.

Quote by BenVK"
    I haven't seen many other SS field caps marked in this fashion, has anyone else?
    It is model 40 (m40) side cap. It's a very nice but not egzakly rare type of german side caps. I've got 2 m40's - one W-SS whichout insignia and one pretty nice from Police - Schutzpolizei (Schupo) - in case of the type of organization both from SS But yours, as I said looks damm good! Congrat.

its a fantasy stamp,in many many years of collecting Waffen SS i haver seen or heard of a stamp like this in ss sidecap if you like this,and its looks like you are. sure for this stamp,be happy ,and try to stay away from zippo and cigarettes,its not good

?

Well, if it is a fantasy stamp, it's a shame because the cap is a real nice one.

The cap looks surely good.About the stamp,I have seen another example but I can't say if it's good or not.
    Just one thing.When I was in military service,one my friend bought a stamp with "5° Sc. 89 Battaglione Paracadutisti-Folgore".We amused to stamp all our uniforms and caps.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast