MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The textbook black SS officer's cap for sale

Article about: Arthur Hayes, whose work of the early 1990s pioneered a genre of colored picture books on this material, has this cap for sale. I detest the phrase "textbook," as no thing really e

Default Re: The textbook black SS officer's cap for sale

The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleYour cap is a 1960s fake commissioned by an ex US Army Major who was the king of put together daggers. Originally the cap had the phrase "Berlin's Oldest Cap Factory," with a location on the Wilhelmstrasse that was a ministry of government and originally the palace of a Prussian nobleman....no cap works.
    Sorry.

PS my attachment is an authentic and highly rare cap in perfect preservation.
    It is also not mine.The textbook black SS officer's cap for sale

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The textbook black SS officer's cap for sale
    P
    Many

The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleAuthentic caps generally have one of either of these types of linings.

The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThis site has more images of authentic black SS caps than anywhere in the whole wide world.

Also, your cap is an Atwood cap in a more or less original state of repair, and it is collectable as it is. It is not worth what an original black SS general's cap would fetch, of course, but it does have value to many collectors.
    Others will cite you a price, since that is not my thing, but for many this is also a very historical object. They were extremely common and worth about 25 bucks or so when I began collecting in the mid 1960s.

I am sure others will offer their opinions here and no one is enjoined to take my statement as the last word.
    There are hundreds of images of the Atwood Berlins aelteste Muetzenfabrik caps in this and other fora in their endless number....endless and the same.

I must concur with our esteemed authority FB. He is correct in all of his points. I have no idea how to evaluate a 45+ year old fake. Sorry but you can not retire on the proceeds of the sale of this piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I must concur with our esteemed authority FB. He is correct in all of his points. I have no idea how to evaluate a 45+ year old fake. Sorry but you can not retire on the proceeds of the sale of this piece.
    Thanks. Bob has much more experience than I do, but this is surely one of the Atwood fakes of the golden past. They were not as well made as others, i.e. Erich Beinhorn or even Kupper, which I enclose here, but fake they are all the same and noteworthy for their badges. The fantasy Berlin Address is ripped from this piece. Atwood reputedly served also in Berlin and was an intel officer. I have his dagger book from the 1960s, which apparently was the first of its kind platform to sell extravagant fakes to a willing market.

I knew people in the late 1960s who had been a witness to all of this in West Germany some years earlier, in the circle around Dr. Breuer in Munich, which must have been colorful.
    I also experienced the first remade caps in which this kind of Atwood fake had the interior of an enlisted Luftwaffe cap crammed into it as if done by a chimpanzee or the mentally handicapped.
    It was sort of a stupid piece, really.

Happy hats and I am sorry to pour rain on this parade, but an authentic black senior leaders' cap is nowadays a pretty costly thing.

The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThis is a fake of similar era from another maker, which was of much higher quality.

lostandfound
    ?

Thank you for the help. Would rather know then not and have some one pissed off at me. It is still a very nice ss cap . All the best.

The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleAuthentic examples of this kind of thing are concentrated in a few places, and since the internet is so pervasive, the chance for a killing is rather more problematic than in the golden day of swap meets, hock shops, and the Mottenkiste of magical memory.
    I hate to impart bad news, but such is a realistic assessment of things as they operate in our confusing world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast