Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Textiles

Article about: by octavian I find the fabric information key here. Im sure i will have bunches of questions to annoy you with FB, but to know the exact specifications can only help us out. Thanks again, an

Default Textiles

This extract is from the army clothing retail outlet in Berlin, but gives the best overview of textiles and their uses of which I am aware. Other listings do not include the customary use of said fabrics in such detail and variety.
    Keep this for your reference. Textiles This list of textiles is from late 1939. Thanks to the more reflective and civic minded of the maroon site for this image.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-19-2012 at 12:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Textiles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Textiles

TextilesTextilesTextilesCompare to the SS variety. This list is from late 1940. Thanks to Mr. d'Alquen for these extracts.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.

One hardly need add that an officer bought the textiles from the clothing retail outfit and had their uniform tailored in most cases, though the SS had ready-to-wear garments for use through their supply system.
    Watch the scene in Zuckmayer's Hauptmann von Koepenick where the Waffenrock is made for the fussy officer to see an example of such a uniform tailor. The scene is in You Tube, I think, in the 1931 and 1950s filming of the story.

TextilesTextilesTextilesAttachment 437920TextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesThe same textiles are here, as well.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-19-2012 at 12:53 AM.

?

Interesting
    What does this item mean Kopffschuetze, Erdgrau?
    Helmet?

- - Updated - -

Also never seen cufftitle with odalrune...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

A Kopfschuetzer is likely a ski cap kind of thing. It is a sweater like tube of cloth worn over the ears under other items of headwear, I think.

That would be my understanding too. Akin to what we in England would call a "Balaklava Helmet".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Interesting
    What does this item mean Kopffschuetze, Erdgrau?
    Helmet?

- - Updated - -

Also never seen cufftitle with odalrune...
    Interesting cufftitle with the OdalRune,, I learn something new here,,I guess it was reserved for the SS guys involved with the family owned farms of the Those who were of full Germanic decent. Blood and Soil theory. I have seen the Odalrune on a sleeve diamond but not on a Cufftitle.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesThe entity of note was the SS Rasse und Siedlungshauptamt and its subsidiaries in their variety, with the blood and soil cult in German agriculture being but one branch of the whole.

I have never seen an Odalrune on a cuff title, either, truth be told. However there are many riddles in enigmas when you peer into these price list addenda that are appended to the RZM circulars, actually.
    My point here, however, was the expose of textiles, not some footnote in one of the panoptikum of sources I appended.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast