Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

thought you mite like a look

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold This uniform was sold by a US/UK website some years ago and is purportedly associated with a figure from the SSVT whose name escapes me. I believe there were other unif

Default thought you mite like a look

not the best photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thought you mite like a look
    P
    Many

Default Re: thought you mite like a look

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thought you mite like a look   thought you mite like a look  

thought you mite like a look   thought you mite like a look  

thought you mite like a look   thought you mite like a look  

Attached Images Attached Images thought you mite like a look 

Ok it shows! But I can' t comment as I don't know thise stuff. Personaly I would pass on it ....but thise is only on presomption...!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Ok it shows! But I can' t comment as I don't know thise stuff. Personaly I would pass on it ....but thise is only on presomption...!
    please enlighten me with a none fact comment like this

Quote by panzer2 View Post
    please enlighten me with a none faked comment like this
    As I said I don't know thise field and couldn't give any good comment, it is just the finition and details that gives me a wrong feeling. Just wait for better opinions.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

This uniform was sold by a US/UK website some years ago and is purportedly associated with a figure from the SSVT whose name escapes me. I believe there were other uniforms for sale associated with this personage as well, to include loose insignia.

I am an agnostic when it comes to white uniforms, as I have never owned one, but they were surely worn in the era 1936-1939/40.

A white SSVT uniform is a rare thing, as is any color SSVT uniform, naturally.

Robert H. and Bob Coleman, as well as Bob Hirtz can speak to this kind of regalia.

But I recall this Montur when it appeared and some debate it also engendered, but the character of the latter did not remain with me.

David Delich is also a colleague of ours here, and I trust him in such matters as these, so perhaps he can be coaxed to give a word, too. David Delich has the white uniform of all white uniforms, to be sure. Examples of this kind of garment are also to be found in the Beaver books as a means of comparison.

I would expect the textile here to be of the summer variety employed in central Europe, cotton, linen, or of the variety of types listed in the SS Kleiderkasse which we have appended here ad nauseum.

Happy regalia to all seekers of same.

In writing the above, I wish to make no qualitative judgment about said dealers or dealers, though in my experience, there tended to be an above average number of tall tales that did not conform to my experience of life in Germany over the last forty years.

A not dissimilar piece in Canada.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thought you mite like a look  

The hat that might have been worn with it....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thought you mite like a look  

But this hat could have been as well.

White uniform in wear.....
    Attached Images Attached Images thought you mite like a look 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast