Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

TK offizer collar tabs

Article about: I recall black tunics with officer silver wire around 1960 give or take a few years-selling for as little as 80 dollars. If you wanted the hat to go with, you had to double it then. A normal

Default Re: TK offizer collar tabs

I recall black tunics with officer silver wire around 1960 give or take a few years-selling for as little as 80 dollars. If you wanted the hat to go with, you had to double it then. A normal Heer tunic, on the other hand, could be picked up for maybe 20 bucks.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TK  offizer collar tabs
    P
    Many

The price of many items in 1960 would seem incredibly cheap by todays standards. One must consider inflation and what average wages were like in those days. I would think the "price" of many things has gone up by 100 fold. A 19th Century built inner-city terrace house in Sydney (where I live) would probably have cost around $8000 in 1960 and now sells for over $1 million. Of course, some things that can be made much more cheaply from modern prduction methods such as new cars and hi tech consumer goods sell relatively cheaper (as a % of average wage). If only we knew then what we know now....

TK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsHere is more of this old collection, which has sparked some interest. It is gone with the wind, apparently.

Again, these are not my things. I am familiar with collectors who have similar collections.

I collect collar patches on collars, and am limited as a result.

TK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsViz:
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-26-2012 at 10:48 PM.

?

Thanks guys , for the info. Fortunately I got them for next to nothing at a flea market from someone who didn't seem to know much about German militaria and had no other military items , so I took the chance without losing my ass over it. I've had them for a while laying around thinking they were most likely fake and considering using them for my next Halloween costume. I decided to put them here just to see if my assumption was correct...sadly it is . Thanks to all you ESP. F-B, with all the great insightful images you post. And to Mr. Coleman for vast knowledge and a collection that would blow any museum away!
    -Dean.

TK  offizer collar tabsAttachment 441792TK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsGood luck in the future.
    As regards the musings of some of us about the 1960s, or earlier, such statements take little heed of the fact that, today, the buyer of a black SS uniform on a California site is a well to do Russian newly rich millionaire woman with an interest in history, a fact that contrasts with the collector biotope which Bob Coleman describes of the Midwest of his storied youth. Had you told me of such a collector in my fourteenth year, I would have thought of the woman in From Russia With Love or Kruschev's wife.... The world has turned many times since these things first were collected by my fellow Americans, and the market forces of the present are of a totally different character.
    The power of the computer image and the absence of barriers linked with growing prosperity has transformed all of this.
    The glamor dealers in the U.S. solidified the market for all of this in the years prior to the outbreak of globalization and the digital proliferation of it all.
    The international aspect in former times was modest, though no less bracing. I bought things from Europe four decades ago at the start of my career as a collector, but with great effort.
    U.S. forces in Europe also played a central role in all of this, as well.
    When I lived in Europe as a student in the early 1970s, this material was considered junk in West Germany or irritating rags that only recalled an unhappy past that nearly all wanted to banish from their minds.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-26-2012 at 10:57 PM.

not sure which property this is on the photos, but I see some items that I quired years or decades ago from other sources.
    So I assume the wind blew in years back into this quality collection.

?

Hi FB,

I'm not sure whos collection of Allgemeine tabs you just posted, but that is by far the most serious tab collection I have ever seen!

Thanks for sharing!

Regards
    Samir

TK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsThis collection was dispersed some years ago. I only knew of it via an intermediary and I bought none of these badges.

?

FB,

Is that a single reichsfuhrer ss tab I see there?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast