Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

TK offizer collar tabs

Article about: I recall black tunics with officer silver wire around 1960 give or take a few years-selling for as little as 80 dollars. If you wanted the hat to go with, you had to double it then. A normal

?

Default TK offizer collar tabs

I just got these TK tabs and I See they have an aged looking brown thread in the wire piping. Also I see a bit of corrosion around the eyes of the skull. The skull looks like "pumpkin head" and also shows the brown thread or silk inside the the wire piping.
    The burlap back looks ok IMO , compared to a known fake , anyway..
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TK  offizer collar tabs   TK  offizer collar tabs  

TK  offizer collar tabs   TK  offizer collar tabs  

TK  offizer collar tabs   TK  offizer collar tabs  

TK  offizer collar tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TK  offizer collar tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: TK offizer collar tabs

i like the looks of that pumpkin head TK. I have a question:

Are the pips missing off the officers blank tab? Haven't seen many blank officers tabs.

Hello Dean ,

I hate to be the first one to bring you the bad news on this Christmasday , but I can only hope you didn't pay to much for them .. ?
    Sorry to say that these are classic reproductions , with a very wellknown shape of skull , wrong ( 2 wire twist ) piping , and indeed familiar repro buckram .
    To me , they have " Paraphernaliaworld-Ioffer " written all over them ( = the white rug & US dime - store ) - NEVER , ever go there .. !

BTW , it does NOT look like the Dachau EM Pumpkinhead , and even if it did , these were never executed in bullion .

All original bullion TK tabs have a very , very specific shape ( this one doesn't come close ! ) , are a minefield in themselves EVEN IF they look good , and are worth a small fortune these days .

I can only hope you're still able to return them - and enjoy the Holidays ..

Best wishes , Winkelman .
    Last edited by Winkelman; 12-25-2012 at 07:07 PM.

I can only agree with Winkleman. Compare your tab against these original pieces.

TK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabs
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

An example off a gray officer tunic. Note the shape of this tab against yours. The original tab is more rectaliniar.

TK  offizer collar tabs
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

TK  offizer collar tabsTK  offizer collar tabsTo wit

Dang it, The Totenkopf fools me alot! Whether it be a cap badge or a collar tab. arggg! I will get it right one day...

TK  offizer collar tabs
    Quote by octavian View Post
    Dang it, The Totenkopf fools me alot! Whether it be a cap badge or a collar tab. arggg! I will get it right one day...

A generalized problem. This image is of a noteworthy senior collection broken up in the last decade.

The head hunting thingy makes for much madness.

The digital head hunting thingy makes it all much worse, too.

THIS IS NOT MY PROPERTY.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Ahh i see it now FB. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The shape is off. And the excellent example you show have a tight, crisp bullion weave. This thread will go into my WWII fakes folder.

Quote by octavian View Post
    Ahh i see it now FB. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The shape is off. And the excellent example you show have a tight, crisp bullion weave. This thread will go into my WWII fakes folder.
    Others have made these their life's goal, which I have not. I have a single uniform with sound provenance, and that's enough for me, really.

Much mischief adheres to these things. There are specialized collectors of this SSTV material, and it is a really small circle.

My interest lies with black textiles with all or most badges present.

The alu wire is embroidered in these cases, not woven. There are woven collar badges as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast