Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tøjhusmuseum - Copenhagen

Article about: Hi Guys Yesterday we visited Tøjhusmuseet in Denmark (The Royal Danish Arsenal Museum) which for the time features an exhibit about Denmark at war through out the times - including a Collect

I was also really dissapointed, I can remember the many weapons from my childhood. There were also lots of medieval swords, axes, etc. The worst thing about it is that they lots of empty space for displaying.

I also know for a fact that they store alot of items from Danish SS-volunteers that were never displayed, some of them can be seen in this thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...lich-330255-6/

But they should have even more unpublished items in their storage.

Lets hope they get smarter someday.

Cheers, Mads

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tøjhusmuseum - Copenhagen
    P
    Many

?

The elephants are astonishing! I'm amazed the swastikas haven't been ground off in this PC gone mad world.

Carlsberg Elephant Beer!... Its strength has impaired my otherwise happy memories of our encounters in my youth. But I dont recall a swastika on the label. cheers. Paul

?

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    Carlsberg Elephant Beer!... Its strength has impaired my otherwise happy memories of our encounters in my youth. But I dont recall a swastika on the label. cheers. Paul
    It used to be on the bottle caps as well, but for obvious reasons went out of fashion quite a few decades ago

http://www.jod-bog.dk/mediafiles/images/h7014x2.jpg

Beautiful displays, a superb collection.
    However i dont know how those elephants survived until now.
    Thank you for sharing.

Cheers
    Nuno

?

Truth be told, I dont think many notice the symbols when passing through the gate.
    Further more, many know that this is an ancient symbol (though one should of course not take anything for granted - moronic PC being what it is).
    There has been talk about protecting the elephants under the national heritage law.
    A little info;
    -The gate is - for obvious reasons - called the Elephant Gate.
    -There are four elephants - one for each of the owners children; Theodora, Vagn, Helge og Paula.
    -Further more, the elephants are a symbol of strength and loyalty and presumably has some sort of patriotic connection. For a number of years, Carlsberg sponsered the elephants in the Copenhagen Zoo and a likewise a beer was named after the elephant.
    -The owner of Carlsberg used a twelve pointed star as his trademark. In 1906 this was combined with another trademark - the swas
    -Carlsberg registered the sawstika symbol as a trademark in 1881. As its known from ancient Rome and Athens, Carl Jacobsen might have been inspired from the relics and art, that he knew well from there.
    -Because of a lack of raw materials, the swas bottle cap was still used on beer bottles sold until the late fourties, as the bottle caps had already been produced. As the supply ran out, new bottle caps were produced - without the swas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2