Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tøjhusmuseum - Copenhagen

Article about: Hi Guys Yesterday we visited Tøjhusmuseet in Denmark (The Royal Danish Arsenal Museum) which for the time features an exhibit about Denmark at war through out the times - including a Collect

Default Tøjhusmuseum - Copenhagen

Hi Guys

Yesterday we visited Tøjhusmuseet in Denmark (The Royal Danish Arsenal Museum) which for the time features an exhibit about Denmark at war through out the times - including a Collection of German uniforms being warn by Danes participating in the second World War on the German side.

Sorry for the low quality of my Pictures - but I thought you Guys still would like to see some of the uniforms
    Tøjhusmuseum - CopenhagenTøjhusmuseum - CopenhagenTøjhusmuseum - CopenhagenTøjhusmuseum - CopenhagenTøjhusmuseum - CopenhagenTøjhusmuseum - CopenhagenTøjhusmuseum - CopenhagenTøjhusmuseum - CopenhagenTøjhusmuseum - Copenhagen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tøjhusmuseum - Copenhagen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tøjhusmuseum - Copenhagen

Very nice ! Many thanks.

Looks amazing!! Some great SS uniforms and insignia there

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Looks very good.

Thank you for the fine images.

?

Interesting museum.

Hi guys, I went there yesterday.

I can add to the photos already posted that the SS-Obersturmbannführer uniform belonged to Poul Rantzau-Engelhardt (he was the second highest Dane in the SS, he ended his career as Standartenführer). The steelhelmet also belonged to him, here are some photos, sorry for the poor quality.

Next to Rantzau-Engelhardt's uniform its possible to see the uniform of Generaloberst Georg Lindemann who was Wehrmachtsbefehlshaber in Denmark at the end of the war.

On my way there I also did notice a Swastika on the fence that surrounds Carlsberg Glyptoteket (art museum) just in front of Tivoli, it dates back to the time before 1933 its was part of the official logo of the Carlsberg Breweries.

Have a nice weekend all!

Cheers, Mads

Amazing. I'm happy to see Denmark is not afraid of history. It seems Carlsberg must have quickly changed its logo after WWII by the way!

They changed it already in 1933 when Hitler came to power. But it can still be found on the buildings belonging to the old factory, and as well on old beer bottles and crates.

Cheers, Mads

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Amazing. I'm happy to see Denmark is not afraid of history. It seems Carlsberg must have quickly changed its logo after WWII by the way!
    Ahem..., it pains me to talk about the Tøjhusmuseum. The museum for many decades housed a vast and extensive Collection of weapons. One of the finest arms Collections in Europe and maybe even the World. For moronic PC reasons (amongst other concerns, a director stated, that those visiting the Collection were not of the kind, that the museum wanted to attract), this huge display of guns have recently been cancelled.
    Some items/firearms even destroyed.
    I pity those who were not able to experience the Collection in its full glory. It will never return in its previous incarnation and those interested in small arms of the projectile firing kind and the history of same, have lost an important visual research tool and have lost the opportunity to stroll amongst a cornucopia of small arms.

The Tøjhus Museum firearms Collection R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast