Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Totenkopf collar tab original?

Article about: I tried and posted it on WAF too and they said it was a fake directly.

Default Totenkopf collar tab original?

Hello! Found this totenkopf collar tab out for sale and I have some questions about it. It looks like a NCO totenkopf collar tab but it does not have the piping around it. I have no idea if it exist in this type or if it´s a fake. Would be fun to know and to learn I have some doubts about the originality I found one with piping´s at collectors guild and that skull did not match 100% to this one. There was some differences between them.It can also bee my eyes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf collar tab original?   Totenkopf collar tab original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf collar tab original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Totenkopf collar tab original?

Just a note, I have 12 of these things and only ONE of mine has piping.....mine are all original. So don't let the piping stop you. Plus, some piping is added later by some collectors (who knows what the hell for!) they feel gives it value. As for this tab wait for Bob H. to take a look. Cheers!

I dont like it construction looks sloppy. From what I have seen on an early tab such as this the construction is flawless front and back. IMO I would say its a fake.

No.

Thanks a lot guys ,I also believed it was something wrong with it. The skull looks a bit different from
    the original I found. Except the piping the skull should match the one at collectors guild, but it did not...
    So I guess my doubts was right this time. It was an expensive fake instead..

?

I think it's a not easy question. Construction of the tab looks good, but shape of the scull not a textbook example. I've seen even a ugly originals, but they are originals, I suspect you need a textbook example, as I'am myself prefer the textbook examples.
    Here is a picture of the sculls added in previous threads by Bob Hritz
    Totenkopf collar tab original?Totenkopf collar tab original?
    and this one being sold in Hannasreich some time ago
    And here is one of mine textbook examples
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thank you very much Dimas for your help but I´m still confused. I guess this is a very hard one to
    crack then...Better to stay away from it if there is doubts about the originality.. There is sure some differences between the skull I posted and all the once you posted. I can not find any that exactly match the one I posted...

?

I did not think that the hand embroidered sculls could be similar, they are all made by different hands. But, I suggest to buy the textbook example, as I've mentioned before
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks Dimas again I guess you are right there.I did not really gone buy that one for the moment but I saw it for sale and thought it would be fun to check with you experts if it´s authentic after I have tried to identify it myself . But my lack of experience prevented me...The price was also to good to be true that was the biggest reason for me to look on it.Only 580 euro...that is way to cheap for this type of collar I guess.

There are a couple of nice ones available now, they are a bit over 3k.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast