Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Totenkopf cuff band

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm back today with a Totenkopf cuff band. It has 7 border strands, the weaving looks similar to others I saw on the forums, the skull wires also look similar to the SS colla

Name:  Hritz Oberbayern material.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  68.6 KBHere is an extract from the collection Hritz. Photo courtesy of Bob Hritz.

This is the only picture I have. It does not enlarge. Please do not ask me for concierge service with all of this.

Bob Hritz does not engage here anymore.

Speculation about pictures is a nice past time for some, but it surely does not signify much expertise in SS regalia.
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Name:  Hritz Oberbayern material.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  68.6 KBHere is an extract from the collection Hritz. Photo courtesy of Bob Hritz.
    I like this upper and lower skull cuff, you can clearly see that It was made from one same hands. The details to this kind of skull is "less perfect" since It's so difficult to embroid on a small cuff.
    Kind Regards,
    Sid

?

The 2nd Cuff title on the Picture of the Hritz collection Shows the same error of the cuff like shown on the fake one?? Maybe it's because of the bad pictur?

A better Picture of this cuff title would be helpfull.

If you want to see more of the Hritz collection, do kindly ask him yourself. I add pictures from my weakening memory of what I think might be real. I do not have control over any objects save my own,
    which I share here at no charge to you save the most precious aspect of time.
    damit, basta.

CTN
    ?

I can see the "houndtooth" in the middle cuff title. It's more visible in the upper side.

Andreas is correct about the rarity of the skull cuff title. Indeed even in late 1938 when the title was introduced there were approximately 3,000 Oberbayern cuff titles still in stock so the skull was only authorized for the black dress tunic (with the old Oberbayern one being worn on the grey tunic). With the establishment of the SS-Totenkopf division in October 1939 Oberbayern ceased to exist so this very limited time period and the earlier restricted issue make these a scarce item.
    d'Alquen

Thank you for the valuable data.
    damit, basta.

i have spoken to hritz robert .h David delich bill shea in the past about these .. and there of the opinion that they are fine and all so there have been blank ones that have had embroidery added later so the one in topic i think is one . There is no evidence to say these are fake just a few calling them this name , As the patten weave is even all round as david has said to me its just a different weave patten , yet a perfict pattern all round so just a machine thats been calibrated to this .

below is one robert h picked up from a vet and sold to david . the other i have seen some were

so need i bit more infoe then just a hound tooth to deem a fake , not a title that can be found every day on the net , imo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss308b.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	665067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Band with flaw #2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	665068  

i suppose its one of those things were there are two camps on the matter , but just calling some thing fake dont make it so
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H1530016.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	665081   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H1530017.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	665086  

CTN
    ?

Quote by hawkins View Post
    i have spoken to hritz robert .h David delich bill shea in the past about these .. and there of the opinion that they are fine and all so there have been blank ones that have had embroidery added later so the one in topic i think is one . There is no evidence to say these are fake just a few calling them this name , As the patten weave is even all round as david has said to me its just a different weave patten , yet a perfict pattern all round so just a machine thats been calibrated to this .

below is one robert h picked up from a vet and sold to david . the other i have seen some were

so need i bit more infoe then just a hound tooth to deem a fake , not a title that can be found every day on the net , imo
    This sounds encouraging, thank you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast