Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.

Article about: as appeared elsewhere, and you can consign it to the junk heap.

Default Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.

as appeared elsewhere, and you can consign it to the junk heap. Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.

- - ------- - - break break break........

Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Authentic Proben examples, and we have others in other threads....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.
    P
    Many

I shall not expand on all the errors, as that is neither my duty nor my obligation in this context.

- - ------- - -

David Delich said:

"It stinks so bad I can smell it from here..."

Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.

These people would not have given rise to such a heap of junk. Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-16-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Wow, that's a -creative- new low as far as Deceit is concerned...As a collector without in-depth knowledge of Foetid Woolens & Associated Regalia, I can see how this would fool many into parting with their money...Thank you for the "Heads Up", FB...
    cheers, Glenn

The fakers do get creative, don't they?

But as is so often the case when it comes to paper items of any kind, nothing more than a working knowledge of the German language and familiarity with the terminology would be enough to spot the fake here:

The non-hyphenated spelling of "Totenkopf Stand." and "Waffen SS" and the "Oberstormführer" show that whoever wrote this was not a German speaker... And the collar patches are not a "Hoheitszeichen", either...

(Let's not even get into the fact that an official RZM-issue Probe would not bear a company logo or, the other way around, a seller's price tag would not have an RZM wax seal attached to it. Also, as FB's price list excerpt has shown us, 11.30 RM would have been heavily overpriced for a pair of collar patches in the day...)

I hope it is not inappropriate to point out these details, but these are really not secrets or specialized knowledge; I am just observing things that should be obvious.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The fakers do get creative, don't they?

But as is so often the case when it comes to paper items of any kind, nothing more than a working knowledge of the German language and familiarity with the terminology would be enough to spot the fake here:

The non-hyphenated spelling of "Totenkopf Stand." and "Waffen SS" and the "Oberstormführer" show that whoever wrote this was not a German speaker... And the collar patches are not a "Hoheitszeichen", either...

(Let's not even get into the fact that an official RZM-issue Probe would not bear a company logo or, the other way around, a seller's price tag would not have an RZM wax seal attached to it. Also, as FB's price list excerpt has shown us, 11.30 RM would have been heavily overpriced for a pair of collar patches in the day...)

I hope it is not inappropriate to point out these details, but these are really not secrets or specialized knowledge; I am just observing things that should be obvious.
    I did not go into the details for a reason, actually.

There are many errors here, but I would ask that we not give a tutorial to the malignant persons.

In many cases, not too much is obvious to the innocent and to the easily gulled, other than the lurid grin of the dead head and the morbid desire to own a piece of Eicke's regalia.

I saw this junk, and since I recently saw a very large pile of fake SS uniforms, I was moved to respond--especially after I checked with David Delich.

My thing is not to sound the tocsin each day about fakes, or to write breathy manifestos about the wretchedness of humankind because of fakes.

Every once and a while, though, it bears pointing out that such things are present and cause pain like a sore on the posterior of humankind.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-17-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Do learn German, and do learn the proper technical terms, and the chronology in which these terms were in use and where.....

If you do so, you will not step into stinkers as frequently as the rest of us.

as ever, we have a treasure trove of nice items here....

RZM pattern pieces

Oh my. These fakers are getting even craftier. Going all out with wax stamps and antiqued paper. I too see flaws, but i had to do a double take and when i did i said.... "*&@#". you get the point. Nice post FB

Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Totenkopf Kragenspiegel Probe scam...pfui.Some further images, of whatever merit. These are authentic, of course.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-18-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast