Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap

Article about: This mantel and visor cap were purchased privately in Austria back in the 1980's. Also purchased at the same time was an identical visor cap, which still had the price tag attached, a tunic

Default Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap

This mantel and visor cap were purchased privately in Austria back in the 1980's. Also purchased at the same time was an identical visor cap, which still had the price tag attached, a tunic with the hand embroidered block letter Totenkopf title and a pair of breeches. These items still reside in a European collection while the mantel and extra visor cap were sold off.
    he visor cap lacks a sweat shield and is evidently mid war era. I have noted many period photographs in which Totenkopf officers wear the Heer form of eagle on both the sleeve and the visor cap. The reason for this is unknown to me. The shoulderboard indicates the owner held the rank of Sturmfuhrer of Infantry. One must wonder if he was one of the many Totenkopf men to fall in the battle for Budapest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap   Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap  

Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap   Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap  

Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap   Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap  

Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap

Just Congratulation Bob !

Sebastien.

Lightbulb Re: Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap

I have seen several ss items with army eagles.Who could ever tell us.As collectors I think we look at their equipment more closely than they did.

Fenix82
    ?

Default Re: Totenkopf Officer's Mantel & Visor Cap

it could be because the guy didn't find easely an ss armeagle for sale back then or he didn't see the differences, who knows
    (army eagles were easily found)