Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Tropical sleeve eagle: good?

Article about: Hi guys! I would be glad if you experts could help me out with this eagle. I think it´s a good one but are not sure. And I also would be glad if you cold tell me if this is a tunic removed e

Default Tropical sleeve eagle: good?

Hi guys! I would be glad if you experts could help me out with this eagle.
    I think it´s a good one but are not sure. And I also would be glad if you cold tell me if this is a tunic removed example. It is sold as that and also looks like it but what is your opinion? I´m very grateful for help. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical sleeve eagle: good?   Tropical sleeve eagle: good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical sleeve eagle: good?
    P
    Many

Default re: Tropical sleeve eagle: good?

Gday,
    Whilst I am not in a position to validate your tropical eagle I can give you this for comparison.
    I believe mine to be OK.

Tropical sleeve eagle: good?Tropical sleeve eagle: good?

Hope this helps.
    All the best,
    Dave

Both are fine.

Tunic removed? Possible, or equally one which has been cut down off the backing. But it does look like there are some stitch marks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I am with the others on this one being good. Now as far as tunic removed I would be careful buying into that. These eagles are a little easier to come by and someone could very easily make some holes with modern means to make it look tunic removed and demand a higher price. With something tunic removed, especially something that was worn in the field, I always look at where the wear should be. If there is none, or it is in a strange location I tend to keep my money in my pocket. Just my way of looking at things.

Regards,

Jeff

Thanks a lot all of you for your kind help
    The price is about the same as other dealers wants for an unissued.
    There´s one more tropical eagle for sale there also. It shows some more wear then the first one. Maybe that one is more believable to be a tunic removed eagle? Or what do you think? Price is the same.. Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical sleeve eagle: good?   Tropical sleeve eagle: good?  

Quote by Killroy View Post
    ...as far as tunic removed ...someone could very easily make some holes with modern means to make it look tunic removed and demand a higher price.
    Jeff
    A sound reasoning I endorse, but it may be of use to know that in the mid '80s a lot of sahariana-style tropical WSS tunic was found in Brindisi (a town on the Italian south-eastern coast ), very likely bound to the Balkan front just on the other side of the Adriatic Sea. Most tunics have had the lower pockets removed (for a prospective use as heavy-weight shirts to be tucked into trousers?), all but a few ones had been deprived of the eagle insignia. So removed tropical WSS sleeve eagles, albeit less common than the majority in mint unissued condition, are no surprise to me.
    MP