Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tunic for evaluation

Article about: Hello all,I may have an opportunity to acquire this tunic which I have seen only once 21 years ago. I have very limited knowledge regarding original SS uniforms so I though I would post some

Default Tunic for evaluation

Hello all,I may have an opportunity to acquire this tunic which I have seen only once 21 years ago. I have very limited knowledge regarding original SS uniforms so I though I would post some photographs for opinions.At this viewing I only had a limited amount of time to take photos, so before I delve into the inner areas of the tunic I was hoping for some instruction from those with more experience in this minefield. I hope to learn something during the process.Thank you all kindly in advance for any assistance and observations you can provide positive or negative.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tunic for evaluation   Tunic for evaluation  

Tunic for evaluation   Tunic for evaluation  

Tunic for evaluation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tunic for evaluation
    P
    Many

Tunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationYou need much better pictures in much more clear detail of the collar piping, the buttons, the details of the tailoring, and so forth.
    It is 1933/4 tunic with updated insignia, i.e. with the later cuff title.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-05-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Sta 81 is the Bayreuth Standarte.

Much of what you show is good, but you need to show much more of it in very clear detail if you want our help.
    The black jackets of the 1933 or 1934 or 1935 epoch have their own secrets versus the latter, more commonly seen 1937, 1938 or so type.

I have included tons of images of these.

The whistle layard is attached wrong way around. The one end should be attached to the breast button and the whistle placed in the pocket.

You want the little details to add up as regards the date of the thing. This was likely the man's good tunic and he updated insignia.
    You also want to look for Warsaw Pact theater stamps.
    Many of this kind of tunic, i.e. the 1933/4/5 type (I am taking the collar piping for what I think I see...) have no marks, or nearly no marks.

Friedrich-Berthold knows everything that you would like to know about SS visors and tunics from what I've seen over the years.
    I would love to see his whole collection together in just a 5 pics, but then again I think he'd have to take that picture from a helicopter..

This item originally had a colored banded cuff title, replaced after 1937. The rank lace is somewhat odd, but that is not extraordinary with these.

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Friedrich-Berthold knows everything that you would like to know about SS visors and tunics from what I've seen over the years.
    I would love to see his whole collection together in just a 5 pics, but then again I think he'd have to take that picture from a helicopter..
    Thanks. Today I was insulted by various people, so any kind words are welcome. I specialize in black tunics, so I am happy to help.

Tunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationTunic for evaluationThe Weitze website had some not dissimilar tunics of this type, i.e. 1933 or 1934 or 1935 ones, with some early, i.e. 1934/5 insignia. This item has a mixture
    of earlier items (Ehrenwinkel, collar piping....) and later, i.e. the collar patch and the cuff title.....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast