Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The TV show Deadliest Warrior had the Waffen SS on their show last night...

Article about: by carlsson1982 Exactly. I guess those chanel's aren't that neutral. Those who are running the media(guess who) are doing a very good job. every week I see that anti germanic-propaganda on t

Default The TV show Deadliest Warrior had the Waffen SS on their show last night...

This was an interesting show last night, they had the Waffen SS go against the Vietnam Viet Cong, and yes the computer at the end, had the Waffen SS as the victors.

What really made me mad was that there was one of the guys that run the show say how the VC was a better trained, and more equipped army then the Waffen SS, this guy knows nothing about history, it was the NVA that was an actual army, the VC was a guerrilla branch of ordinary people, they never wore a uniform.

He actually implied that the VC did it all by them selves, he forgot to mention that North Vietnam had the backing of every communist nation on the planet at the time.

They actually said that the Mat-49 was a weapon that was equal to the Machinepistole 28/II (MP28/II), WHAT A JOKE, The MAT-49 was prone to jamming, and was horribly made out of cheap thin stamped sheet metal.

The same idiot actually said that the Russian TT 33 Tokarev Pistol was far better then the Mauser broomhandle pistol, even when they fired it on full auto, he still said it was better then the broomhandle.

So, who else saw this episode last night, as they also did showed the flammenwerfer 41 ( flame thrower ), really cool weapon...

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The TV show Deadliest Warrior had the Waffen SS on their show last night...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The TV show Deadliest Warrior had the Waffen SS on their show last night...

That show is just a joke- it's sophomoric entertainment at best and fine for guys who just want a bit of a laugh (I'd have probably LOVED it when I was in highschool), but for anyone who knows anything about the science and, more specifically, about the time periods and materials they're discussing, they blow virtually everything, every time. The 'experts' they get for each episode seem to be chosen not for their knowledge, which is usually basic at best, but for their 'act'- they can get all macho and ridiculous for the camera; that is all except the Spetsnaz guys, they were the only ones I didn't laugh at because they were quiet and kind of scary LOL The show just plain stinks from a reality point-of-view and is just 'turn your brain off' entertainment at the very most- which is ironic since they're trying to package it as if it's scientific and brain-worthy.

I watched all of the first season shows, mainly because after the first one I kept saying "it just has to get better"- then later "how can this get worse?" but at the end I just knew it'd be back but that it SOOOO shouldn't because it was just crap. Then I watched the GSG9 vs. SWAT and that was it- their usual matches were completely ludicrous, but this was it- might as well have matched the US 1st Division and the 9the Cavalry for all the significant differences there were in that one. I saw the listing for last night's and just couldn't bring myself to watch it- I'm exhausted LOL...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Default Re: The TV show Deadliest Warrior had the Waffen SS on their show last night...

I agree, i usually don't watch the show, but i was channel surfing , and came across it, and decided to see what they had to say, They said the show would not be any ideology involved, but they allowed the VC guys to call them Nazi pigs, and Nazi scum, but it was suppose to neutral.

WHAT A JOKE...

?

No big shock there...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Well, the NVA and VC drove the Americans fleeing out of Viet Nam. Perhaps we are underestimating the will of people fighting for their country and repelling foreign invaders. And, perhaps we overestimated the technology of the Americans and the lack of will to do what is necessary to defeat a fighting force.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Well, the NVA and VC drove the Americans fleeing out of Viet Nam. Perhaps we are underestimating the will of people fighting for their country and repelling foreign invaders. And, perhaps we overestimated the technology of the Americans and the lack of will to do what is necessary to defeat a fighting force.

Bob Hritz
    Bob, you are correct, but the show portrayed the VC as the only ones that did, as if they did it all by themselves, they failed to mentioned the NVA.

They also failed to mention the that the VC had the backing on the NVA, and every other communist country on the planet at the time, and the Germans had just them selves.

I was more upset that they made the German weapons to be less superior, the MAT-49 was , and is a pile of garbage compared to the MP-28, how could that one moron say that the Tokarev was a much better weapon then the Mauser Broomhandle , even knowing that it had it had a selector for full auto fire.

Brian

Exactly. I guess those chanel's aren't that neutral. Those who are running the media(guess who) are doing a very good job. every week I see that anti germanic-propaganda on tv, in films, documentaries etc.

I've always thought it should be called "Deadliest Weapons" not "Deadliest Warrior" because it has absolutelly nothing to do with military tactics, strategy, leadership, logistics, geography, or anything really, besides the "killing power" of eachothers weapons.

Anyways I think it would have been amusing to see all of your responses if the SS had actually lost at the end of the show... which I honestly thought they might pull. These posts would be A LOT more intense

?

agree with all. Controversial, aren't I?

mind rot, but I tivo it all the time. In a way is deadliest warrior as most of the competitions are testing the person the wield the weapon as much as the weapon. A simple ballistics test will tell which is best, but instead they rate on the number of gory kills which is more a function of aim.

The machine pistol competition on the SS vs VC was a real lark. 3 mannequins on a slow moving track and 30 seconds to empty clips into them, all the while "land mine" explosion go off to add reality. Oh, and the SS had to shoot through a net to simulate jungle warfare. ha.

I was rather confused with the weapon choices on that episode. The MP 28 and MAT 49 somehow beat out the MP 40 and StG 44/ SKS or Ak-47? Even more confusing was that during their introduction in the warehouse there was an AK-47 and PPsh present. I too was happy at seeing the flamethrower though, beat out the other example that was shown for the IRA/Taliban episode. That looked like a piece of modified farming equipment.

I'd like to see the program that calculates these battles..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast