Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two More S S Command Flags

Article about: As I must be a glutton for punishment, here are the other two command flags in my collection. The pictures will not be as crisp as all of the flags were mounted in frames three years ago. Th

Default Two More S S Command Flags

As I must be a glutton for punishment, here are the other two command flags in my collection. The pictures will not be as crisp as all of the flags were mounted in frames three years ago.

The third piece of the collection that came out of the flag storage room in the Fuhrerbau. This is the command pennant for the 1st Sturmbann, Totenkopf Ostland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two More S S Command Flags   Two More S S Command Flags  

Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 07-01-2008 at 03:13 PM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two More S S Command Flags
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two More S S Command Flags

The command flag from Abschnitt XVII, headquartered in Munster.
    Ex Rich Moran Collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two More S S Command Flags   Two More S S Command Flags  

Two More S S Command Flags  
    BOB

My god these are very specail , rare items you guys are shareing with us here , great to see you on this forum , cheers Raymond

WONDERFULL SS ITEMS

SS Ring Man
    ?

bob your killing us!!!!but what a way to go !!1keep it up

Demien
    ?

I am stunt !!! Thise are one of the moust rare SS items ever !!! I have a SS F M penant in my colection which is not so rare as this two but i steal remember how hard was for me to found it !!!

How did you manage Bob ?

D
    Last edited by Demien; 07-01-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Dimas-
    The two Ostland flags and the S S Nachrichten Stander were bought out of a U. S. auction house many years ago. The flags were purchased from the dealer who originally obtained them from the 1st Lt. of the 179th Infantry Rgt. who obtained them from the flag storage room in the Fuhrerbau. This man and his Sergeant were the first Americans to enter the Fuhrerbau. The Dachau flag came from a collector/dealer who bought it and the Himmler Standarte at the estate auction. The Abschnitt flag, as previously stated, came from the Rich Moran collection.
    BOB

Demien
    ?

Have you seen the SS pedant flag for sale at Detlev Niemann site ?

D

Rich Moran
    ?

Bob, Nice seeing the XVII flag again. Would be wonderful to find/discover and image of this in use, as well as seeing the others you've posted in use as well.

Some interesting facts of Abschnitte XVII is that August Heissmyer, Wilhelm Koppe, Rolf von Humann-Hainhofen, Gunther Classen ,Theobald Thier, Richard Fiedler, Walter Langleist, Kurt Kudwig, Ludwig Teichmann, Gunther Claasen, Ewald Strohm, Edmund Schmittz, Jurgen Stroop, Paul Hennicke & Theodor Zittel were all invovled in command/staff of Abschgnoitte XVII at one time or another.

Since these Abschnittes reported to the Oberabschnitte, the personnel encompassed later what was to be the W-SS. Even during the W-SS times, these people worked in the A-SS as well, which made them chameleonesce in a sense that no one trusted anyone because that is the way Hitler wanted it.

My time with this flag was truely educational in the fact of really what the A-SS and W-SS did and how their lives were woven together in peace time as well as wartime.

I believe most here will recognize August Heissmyer name.

He and his wife ran the SS Hitler Youth leadership schools and their efforts contributed heavily to the leadership of the both A & W-SS in their work as educators.

August Heissmeyr was never found guilty of war crimes, and post war worked his way up into the American company of CocaCola as Cokes chief executive officer in Germany.

The study of Heissmeyer lead to my purchase of one Ron Manions fake ensemble of documents, paintings, personal items and uniforms that was made available in about 88 or 89. I spent many hours in study and education of what Herr Manion was up to with the Heissmeyr grouping as I wanted what he offered to be original badly as I felt that with the flag of Abschnitte XVII and the grouping it would have made a center piece collection of SS items. What a let down that was, in the end I was fortunate to only loose 500.00. At that time that was not a princely sum, but enough to realize I was fortunate to get my 25K back less the 500 bucks. Manion was after a total of 55K for the complete grouping, which today as then is quite a hefty sum of money.

The story of all that is one of deception that he pulled on me and I on him. In the end I had hope to meet him at a show to be able to take his table down in the midst of a crowd due to the theft he pulled for thankfully only 500.00.

That never occured as the distance of Hawaii from the mainland shows, I could not seem to manage to gain time away from work when the shows were on.

So your Abschnitte XVII flag has more to it than its pre and WWII story.

I am happy that it resides in a great spot in your collection with other superb artifacts of the era.

Thanks for showing the flag again!

BOB,WHAT AND WHERE WAS THE FUHRERBAU,I WON'T BE ASHAMED TO ASK THIS QUESTION

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast