Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Two SS armbands for consideration

Article about: Hey guys! I found two SS armbands that I'd like some opinions on. I'm fairly certain that this first one is authentic. It has all the known characteristics of a legitimate armband (ovoid whi

no query on either one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two SS armbands for consideration
    P
    Many

Well guys, armband #1 is now a part of my collection! I can't wait to see (and smell) it in person! When you think about it, these armbands are one of the few items of striking color among the SS cloth insignia. Compared with the standard black and white/silver of the rest of my pieces, the brilliant red will really stand out!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen the "10" Hersteller stamp before? Does anyone know what manufacturer this number signifies?

Well guys, the armband came in, so I took a while to look it over. I smelled it, and the odor was very faint, but seemed somewhat "old." Upon inspecting the armband, however, I noticed some things that I wasn't able to see in the original photos... There are the remnants of what appear to be two stamps on the inside of the armband. One of these stamps has a square/rectangular border, and can be seen running off the edge of the inside of the armband. It is white, and appears to have two rows of text. What I can see of the first line is "N." (there is a period after the letter so it appears to be some sort of acronym or perhaps a first initial) and the second line has what appears to be an "A" with a curved top followed by perhaps an "M." I haven't seen this marking on an armband before... The next stamp was one I almost missed until I held the armband up to the light, where it stood out. The stamp is a circle with two parallel lines running across its diameter. This stamp was apparently gold, as there appear to be little gold flakes still adhered to the material. I have attached pictures of both of these stamps. I don't know what to make of them, so I'd like to hear if anyone knows what they are. Perhaps they were added to the armband after it was taken? Thanks for the help, guys!

The armband itself:

Two shots of the RZM tag, including the backside of the corner, which has slightly peeled off:

The square stamp:

Two shots of the circular stamp, including one that shows the gold "flakes":

The rather unusual way the edges were sewn up:

1000% original.

In fact, the details you show make it even nicer and are not faked. (yet)

Bolts of cloth were marked. We have shown these on the forum in the past in connection with uniform cloth. These markings will only show up now and again on finished articles.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, thank you so much for that reassuring information! I actually got up and danced for joy!!! THIS is the reason this forum is amazing. I tried to look for an example of these markings on an armband, but couldn't find any. I'm really excited to learn about these markings, and they certainly make this a very unique piece! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to continue ogling it...

Enjoy!

The stamps to the cloth were shown in one of the myriad of threads/posts shown by "FB".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Enjoy!

The stamps to the cloth were shown in one of the myriad of threads/posts shown by "FB".

Cheers, Ade.
    SS RZM Tags

- - ------- - -

If you don't want your arm band, I'll buy it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast