Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two SS related armbands

Article about: Hello, These two came in together. The Waffen SS armband looks ok to be. The yellow Civil Service armband looks ok as well. The question I have about that one is the stamping of SS Postschut

?

Default Two SS related armbands

Hello,

These two came in together. The Waffen SS armband looks ok to be. The yellow Civil Service armband looks ok as well. The question I have about that one is the stamping of SS Postschutz. Is this stamping modern or where they actually stamped like this during WWII?

Two SS related armbandsTwo SS related armbandsTwo SS related armbandsTwo SS related armbandsTwo SS related armbands

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two SS related armbands
    P
    Many

Hello the state service armband could of been original at one time? But I think it was tarted up with sig runes to increase the price. The waffen SS armband is a familiar font/embroidery method used on some period armbands, but its not often seen on these kind of Waffen SS Pieces. You can see the difference in weave style between the shown examples from CG compared to your particular armband which seems to utilize a thicker yarn like material to produce the weave, as opposed to thinner thread typical of a period original woven arband. Both of the original posted examples are bad imo. Sorry. Kindest regards.

Brian

Two SS related armbandsTwo SS related armbands
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 03-23-2018 at 12:05 AM.

?

Thanks Brian....I was pretty sure the Waffen SS was good as the same pattern is on several dealer sites. I know that doesn't mean anything though lol.