Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

two very interesting Waffen SS tunics available

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Thank you. All the material was collected by a friend of mine who is now disposing of his things for new frontiers of life. I do not know the prices for this material,

bnz
    ?

Default Re: two very interesting Waffen SS tunics available

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you. All the material was collected by a friend of mine who is now disposing of his things for new frontiers of life.

I do not know the prices for this material, save for the black peaked cap which was or is offered here.
    OK thanks, I think I know now who you are talking about. It would be really nice to hear these items' original stories, especially about these tunics and pz.SS M43 cap, how and when they were found, are they really untouched and unmessed-with, any provenance comes with them etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

You can surely ask all these questions to Bruce Herman. I am sure if you are seriously interested in the purchase of these items, your questions will find full answers.
    damit, basta.

bnz
    ?

Had a response from Bruce. The pz M43 cap is sold (price unrevealed). The TK tunic is $12,500 and the LAH is $13,500. No word on proof of "untouched". With seeing stripped SS tunics sold in 7-8K range on dealer websites (example M43 The Collector's Guild), the price for the LAH seems not too bad but the TK with no cufftitle and common insignia is on high end IMO. Heck, I would even sell my lovely Oberbayern TK SS-Untersturmführer with killer insignia for just a bit more

?

Seen tunics from the Vinnica Dramateater ( Ukraine) approx 20 years ago, all were stripped ( the tunic in the link from this source : The Collector's Guild)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by bnz View Post
    Had a response from Bruce. The pz M43 cap is sold (price unrevealed). The TK tunic is $12,500 and the LAH is $13,500. No word on proof of "untouched". With seeing stripped SS tunics sold in 7-8K range on dealer websites (example M43 The Collector's Guild), the price for the LAH seems not too bad but the TK with no cufftitle and common insignia is on high end IMO. Heck, I would even sell my lovely Oberbayern TK SS-Untersturmführer with killer insignia for just a bit more

Very impressive Montur. Always a pleasure to see real SSTV or Eicke division insignia versus all the junk.

The below applies to the origins of this thread:

The black panzer cap sold for a stately sum. I cannot generalize about prices other than what I pay, which is generally too much. I imagine that the reality of prices is less shocking than its appearance.
    There was a collector here, who has gone to Walhalla as have most of the collectors I began with in 1960s, who regaled me all the time with how he found black SS caps for .25 cents in hock shops and other fish that got away stories. I should not be un pious, but I never much believed him, really.

One of the Waffen SS uniforms in play above was apparently owned by the world's most fussy and talkative Waffen SS uniform analyzer, who sometimes posts here. I respect his critical eye.
    In any case, in the purchase of any piece of expensive SS material jealousy and disinformation are the norm, and a collector must equip himself or herself with enough experience and whatever to withstand the blast.
    I have never owned a grey SS tunic, especially a closed collar one, and have no plans to do so. Suum cuique.

Bob Coleman can best illustrate the reality of SS regalia across the span of decades whereby insignia collectors pillaged tunics in decades past.
    The legend of immaculate conception of perfect tunics first being taken by GIs and then becoming sleeping beauties to be awakened by collectors or dealers decades later has always made me more than skeptical.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-19-2013 at 01:43 AM.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    A bridge too far !

Nick
    It's a very good movie.

Quote by bnz View Post

I usually always prefer other rank tunics over those of officers' but your Oberbayern tunic is a fantastic item, just great, thanks for showing.

bnz
    ?

Thanks, glad you liked it, guys.
    Quote by Bochmann View Post
    I usually always prefer other rank tunics over those of officers' but your Oberbayern tunic is a fantastic item, just great, thanks for showing.
    I agree and that's why I like my other rank tunics just as much as officers'

Nice tunics, they are in wonderful condition. It is hard to believe that they have avoided the moth's for this long.

Greetings all. In starting this thread, all I had was a quick perusal.... I am not qualified to judge whether they are unmessed-with or not... that was my first guestimate...maybe the stitching is too good!
    I also prefer NCO over EM or Officer tunics. That TK Eicke tunic that been shown on this site is an all time favorite when it comes to grey SS and I thought these compared quite favorably.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...sten-ja-17784/

Regards Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12