Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

Article about: Hello I start this thread because I need HELP with partition every materials for Visor Hats (now) which was used in 3R. I think that it will contribution for all, if help everyone who know.

Default re: Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

This gets called Trikot by some, but imho, it is gabardine:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    P
    Many

Thanks for these nice images. In the German version of Schlicht/Angolia on Army uniforms from Motobuchverlag pp.54-55 there is a breakdown of all the textiles in use, with reference to the Heereskleiderkasse catalog, as well. I included here the SS one above. The army variety is much more exhaustive as to the variety of textiles in detail. For instance, he writes of Muetzentuche aus Streichgarn oder Kammgarn, as an example. He also suggests that Doeskin and Eskimo are two different things, the latter being used in overcoats, too.

I do not want to get into a pointless debate on this score, but do look at the compendium there. Maybe someone can also reproduce the original in German, since the catalogs of the Heereskleiderkasse are more frequently found than the SS variant.

In the early 1970s, I saw a book of samples of patches or swatches of cloth for military tailors. It was sold to a collector acquaintance of mine. Stezelberger had something similar on offer recently. I wanted to buy it, and did not. What impressed me about the one I saw in the 1970s was the different weights of materials used for caps, tunics and breeches.

Milan of Moravia is struggling with this material through the internet, and I have been trying to help.

I also agree with Mr. Stonemit above that the NSDAP cap is made of gabardine, which was a light weight alternative to these other Stoffe.

Happy collecting. Maybe in twenty years one will be able to feel the things in the internet and smell them, too. Oh boy.

and silk top ...

Quote by Robert H View Post
    and silk top ...
    Danke vielmals, habe ich total vergessen.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats   Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

The 1939 price list as concerns the above... the top cap cost all of RM6 and that for the senior leader, 5o Rpfg more.

Thanks to d'Alquen for this important data. Thanks to P Jenkins for his silk cap and J Pepera for his...
    Attached Images Attached Images Types Materials for SS Visor Hats 

You notice above, too, that in the 1939 list that the Sonderanfertigung cap for officers is no longer carried. I had forgotten that little, silly fact. The Sonderanfertigung or Eigentumsmuetze for enlisted ranks, however, is still on the books.

very nice material!

Quote by Robert H View Post
    very nice material!
    The piece of Jenkins' you know, and the Pepera one we have seen before, too. I owned a grey cap with a silk cover, too, as well as nylon piping. All in the early 1970s, when none of this was treated with anywhere near the grimness and strife as attends it all today.

Happy collecting also to our friend in Moravia for whom we assembled all this Stoff.....

Of course, caps with silk covers were also worn in the imperial period, i.e. in der alten Armee. Maybe someone has an example to post here for orientation. The SS, afterall, aspired to elite status. One has the expression in German "in Samt und Seide zu gehen..." which is germane in this context, nicht wahr?

?

great close ups of nice caps!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast