Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

Article about: Hello I start this thread because I need HELP with partition every materials for Visor Hats (now) which was used in 3R. I think that it will contribution for all, if help everyone who know.

Default Re: Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

another example of an NSDAP PL cap with Lederschirm

This piece is from the Stezelberger site. Notice the Silbergespinst Gehirnbremse, too. I also think the silver wire cords were obsolete too, either for reasons of fashion or economy. Notice the silver wire cord on the officer's cap in post # 57.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    P
    Many

Notice the Lubstein cap in this ensemble with a Lederschirm, maker's mark and species of RZM tag as concerns the prohibition on maker's marks in party uniforms. A very nice Montur. I hope someone gave it a good home.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

?

So, but how about the felt caps? I've owned one about 10 years ago...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    So, but how about the felt caps? I've owned one about 10 years ago...

Mr. Stonemint has some images of the RAD Arsch mit einem Griff Muetzen.

I have carried enough of the burden with this thread to allow some others to display their marvels.

Happy Tuche und Stoffe.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr. Stonemint has some images of the RAD Arsch mit einem Griff Muetzen.

I have carried enough of the burden with this thread to allow some others to display their marvels.

Happy Tuche und Stoffe.
    Yes, the "a** with handles" as it was called by that closet SS-Mann, Heinrich Boll (late of the 17 SS Pz Gr Division, if I recall correctly).
    I will post a pic once my camera recharges.

BTW, F-B, you have led me to another thread--political visors from the 39-45 [U]without[U] and RZM tag, and having a maker logo. These were private-purchase, and (for obvious reasons) much rarer than the RZM marked models. Colleague Ostermann has an Erel with the stirnschutz system w/o a hint of an RZM mark. I also have Osteinsatz der NSDAP visor also without an RZM tag, but with the maker logo (although these came out in late '44). You will also see high-ranking NSDAP Form 4's w/o the tag--simply a case PL making an offer to the haberdasher that he couldn't refuse(!)

BTW, my attempt to "duplicate" this thread on the other forum failed miserably....

here is another example of a party cap with a leather peak.

Also from Stezelberger and from some famous collection.

I think Boell was just in the plain old Wehrmacht, whereas Grass hid his membership in the Waffen SS until a couple of years ago. I was in Germany when the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung let that one rip.

Please show us many nice hat pictures.

I hate to generalize, but if one keeps up the neighborhood, as it were, with a site like this, then one can employ the instrument to the betterment of all versus the aggrandizement of a few and the stultification of very many. If you get my drift....

This is the interior of the Clemens Wagner black SS enlisted cap posted above in post # 70. One can see the reverse of the peak, with cross hatching, in fact. But the peak is leather. There are no RZM marks in this cap. It is made of extra soft Trikot and the interior is silken. This kind of lining is also found in early Sonderanfertigung SS officer caps.

On the theme of the melton wool of the earliest caps, this cap was sold yesterday. It is an interesting example of a cap devoid of RZM marks, either made before the requirement to mark such items or inspite of same requirement. Needless to say, it also has a leather peak which does not seem to be the asphalt variety of Lackleder, or this aspect is in a very fine state of preservation. I added pictures of this cap earlier in this thread. Noteworthy about this cap is the apparent presence of the original insignia, a significant find.

Happy Tuche und Stoffe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats   Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

On the theme of leather peaks on party headwear, some more data courtesy of Shea, a leather peaked SA Shauftmuetze of early make. This SA cap is probably of similar vintage to the black cap with leather peak that just changed hands. Notice the blanker Messing Knopf above the chin strap, also suggestive of very early make.
    Attached Images Attached Images Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  Types Materials for SS Visor Hats 

....and, as I look at this SS and this SA cap, I am struck by the fact that the kind of wool used in both pieces looks similar save for color. I include all of this comparison out of perhaps the cock-eyed belief that, especially in the early era until say 1938 or so, the SS was a branch of the NSDAP especially in the sense of uniforms and equipment. Formally, of course, the SS remained a Gliederung of the NSDAP until the bitter end, but, as you know, it began to cleave off with its procurement and economic enterprises in part to escape the fiscal controls of the NSDAP that hampered Heini H's plans. To be sure, there were aspects of the SS that became unique in the years after 1934, but the common roots in the era prior to the Roehm Putsch are what I want to highlight here. The NSDAP and SA material includes some clues to the nature of SS material that is otherwise quite rare and difficult to pin down. Finally, context is everything in what we are attempting here. That is, where do these little scattered bits of ours fit into a grander picture?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast