Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters

Article about: by Nigel Lesgate Thanks for that info....exactly what I was wondering. The mindset and hostility that permeated those post war years created a broad umbrella of the 'guilt by association' fa

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I haven't looked through all these old photos of the march to the Feldherrnhalle for years but in doing so I am reminded of one aspect of the uniforms that always intrigued me. It would appear from the scores of images that it was absolutely 'de rigeur' for all the 'Old Fighters', regardless of rank or present position, to wear the traditional brown uniform without a hat and yet there is Himmler sticking out like a sore thumb in his full black service uniform.
    d'Alquen
    Very nice image. In other 9 November events, I think in 1938, Heini H is also in the brown shirt, I think. In one of the Agfacolor shots by the man who made them whose name escapes me.

See this newsreel from 1938 around the middle of same.

1938 - UfA-Tonwoche Nr. 428 - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters
    P
    Many

Thanks to all our stalwarts for a worthwhile and interesting thread.

1927 Nurnberg~~ Himmler, Hess, Graf, Strasser, Hitler, and von Solomon (?)

Himmler with Wolf (in foreground) and Darre at the Beerhall. The fellow to the left of Wolf with his head turned may be Sepp Dietrich....?

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    Graf next to the Fuhrer.
    My favorite Himmler shot is one of him 'trying' to throw a shot put...what a pathetic dufus.
    Not quite the Aryan superman of legend is he? I would imagine no time in the SS breeding program for young Heini and his weedy genes.

Graf next to the Fuhrer.
    My favorite Himmler shot is one of him 'trying' to throw a shot put...what a pathetic dufus.
    He looks like a complete boofhead, he should have stayed with farming chooks!

There seems to be a common pathology that ties all these creeps together and one element would be a conspicuous lack of empathy and maybe that alone accounts for other various aberrant outlooks and behavior. Himmler was fond of telling his men that they will be asked to do terrible things for the Fuhrer but nevertheless hoped they could remain gentlemen. Figure that one out.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 611140There is no "old fighter" in this picture.
    No but a few old fighters were fruits.

It is an interesting dichotomy. Hitler himself eschewed modern art, jazz because he thought it degenerate and the work of Jews, blacks, and homo's yet within his inner circle and throughout the Nazi ranks were characters who certainly didn't personify Aryan purity and realistically were in fact the opposite.
    Another horror of the SS was the fact of how they intruded into the lives of normal decent German citizens. It embodied a massive, intrusive, bureaucracy whose job it was to go through family records to see 'if' you had 'any' Jewish blood, how far back it went....grandparents etc. If you were queer you were toast too! Think about these hideous people, in every German town, going through records and then making determinations that equated to your life..... or death in some camp. A lady hanging up her wash makes a disparaging comment about Hitler to her neighbor....she may never be seen again. Its hard to fathom how bad this regime really was.

Shot 1. Grimminger and Addie--looking grim. Consecrating those Standards of course.

Shot 2. Two nice guys out walking the dog with background music from My Fair Lady.... "On the street where you live"

?

Shot 2. Two nice guys out walking the dog with background music from My Fair Lady.... "On the street where you live"

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast