Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters

Article about: by Nigel Lesgate Thanks for that info....exactly what I was wondering. The mindset and hostility that permeated those post war years created a broad umbrella of the 'guilt by association' fa

?

2 very early SS-Potisches Berietschaften Himmler lightweight parade helmets, one with hand rendered white in black SS runes, the other with white on black decal (the only one known and perhaps the rarest SS helmet in existence) both with the mobile hakenkreuz decals, all insignia well aged and appropriate for the early evolutionary period.

Attachment 609474

Attachment 609472

Attachment 609473

Attachment 609471

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters
    P
    Many

?

An early SS RZM in the pre-decal period.

Attachment 609479

Attachment 609480

Attachment 609481

Attachment 609482

?

Another no decal black helmet unit marked to IV Deutschland, which coincidentally enough I also own the IV D Battalion trumpet banner and matching Schellenbaum banner.

Attachment 609484

Attachment 609483

Attachment 609485

Attachment 609486

Wonderful helmets. Real treasure.

?

My error, I made these posts within this thread. Could a moderator or Admin please move my helmet posts to the SS helmet section in a new thread and entitle it "SS helmets from the formative years".

Thank you in advance.

Doug

Alot to be said for kinetics....this thread has legs. Terrific stuff so far!.....please continue to post more revealing period pix and actual items. Maybe we'll stumble onto something previously unnoticed.....?

I would suggest that you leave your black helmets here, even though the original idea seems more to have been for things of the pre-30 January 1933 epoch, your treasures are of such a quality that they can well be seen outside of the helmet heap. We should be interdisciplinary here, and not stick ourselves in the stove pipe. Your helmets are so remarkable that we all need to admire them, and things from before 30 January 1933 or even from before 9 November 1923 are not so plentiful.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    Alot to be said for kinetics....this thread has legs. Terrific stuff so far!.....please continue to post more revealing period pix and actual items. Maybe we'll stumble onto something previously unnoticed.....?
    Well said.

?

I realized after posting several of these were outside the scope of the threads timelines. As you gentlemen wish, I am fine with it and thanks Nigel and F-B for the kind words.

?

I will also post the period photos I have within my collection when time permits that shows these various examples in use.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I will also post the period photos I have within my collection when time permits that shows these various examples in use.
    Please do.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast