Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters

Article about: by Nigel Lesgate Thanks for that info....exactly what I was wondering. The mindset and hostility that permeated those post war years created a broad umbrella of the 'guilt by association' fa

that's the first time that I have heard that they found the Blutfahne, you sure.?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First time hearing this as well...He kept the flag at the foot of his bed 25 years after the Postwar Germany?
    What is the source of this information, please? One would assume that the US Authorities went through his house/belongings
    after the fall of Munich during or after his arrest...
    cheers, Glenn

Differing rumors about the fate of the Blutfahne have kept turning up in forums and books for decades: Completely destroyed in a 1945 air raid, largely destroyed in a 1945 air raid with the remains picked up by a G.I., hidden away at the war's end by die-hard Nazi faithfuls and lost since then, burnt so it might not fall into enemy hands, captured by the Soviets and hidden away somewhere in Russia, residing in a private collection in the U.S.A. (or, alternately, South America, England or Northern Germany)...

Random examples:
    My Blutfahne...
    Blood Flag (Third Reich, Germany)
    Axis History Forum • Hitler'S Golden Party Badge...Fact or...
    Blutfahne,,,did it survice WW II?? -

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    that's the first time that I have heard that they found the Blutfahne, you sure.?
    I realize overly simplistic but that is what I heard or read...found and sold by his wife in '69. Kept for years in a trunk at the foot of his bed. Certainly "The Icon" of TR icons....would be great to know for sure where it is. I know many Grimminger items have been auctioned and I used to have pix saved but deleted them. I think Ulric of England 'may have' provided some details....?

A shot of the Braune Haus Munich...the hall of honor at Schnellingstrasse 50. The Blutfahne flanked by plaques of the martyrs and DE

Grimminger loved his job carrying the flag and he did it without use of a supportive bandoleer, always anchoring the pole with just the palm of his hand.

Very interesting thread!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Ulrics book on the DE Standards has a section on the Blood Flag and mentions Grimminger being questioned as to the whereabouts of the flag, post war, and his reply to all was that he didn't know. It was at the Braune Haus till 1944 but whether it was relocated to a safer place is not known. Indeed, maybe that safer place was old Jakes bedroom.

A few more pix off the net.

Pix of Graf are not that easy to find. You may spot him walking in one of the parades commemorating the '23 Putsch. Here's one of him on tour with Hitler. Backseat next to Hess.

Also! The ausweiss of Grimminger that was auctioned with other items. I thought I had deleted it.

Very nice. Thank you.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Very interesting thread!...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast