Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

unidentified SS patch

Article about: hi I just bought this for 100\\$ at a local antique store (the same one where in the past i have bought an iron cross second class which i think went to te same guy as this, a war merit third

Default unidentified SS patch

hi I just bought this for 100$ at a local antique store (the same one where in the past i have bought an iron cross second class which i think went to te same guy as this, a war merit third class medal,and an m40 stahlhelm with decal on it) and the store claimed it was a collar patch for an SS automatic weapon company but doing my research im not sure, any help would be great thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0592.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	427435

Name:	100_0593.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	427436

Name:	100_0599.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	427437

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: unidentified SS patch

Odd the tag is direct on the fabric? I have also never seen this style before other than the Dirlewanger Collar Tabs so it is new to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The patch is a trade badge for an SS armourer.Hard to tell if it is original from the picture provided, if it is you got it for a good price.

It's not a rare badge as they do turn up but I have only ever seen 1 picture of the badge being worn.

Hope this helps, meantime.

It's a ss nco armourer trade sleeve diamond. Looks to be original. Rarely encountered with the rzm tag, so if this tag is endeed correct to this patch, you got a great deal. If its not, a hundred is fair/common price IMHO. Does anyone know if F would be correct for this patch?

Thank you Bochman I have found it now with your help.
    I just do not see the SS RZM approved style backing and quality I would expect.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The style looks correct to me.

After futher research I found one I knew had its rzm tag. It's on oakleafs site. F is correct, very, very nice. His is for sale for 500 usd. You got a great price my friend, congrats!!

I think an "F" RZM tag would be way too exalted for the amount of work involved in this badge which gives me a reason to question it's authenticity.

However, I'll stick with my previous statement re the pics provided.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    I think an "F" RZM tag would be way too exalted for the amount of work involved in this badge which gives me a reason to question it's authenticity.

However, I'll stick with my previous statement re the pics provided.
    That's what I though and why I asked. However, after seeing two examples with F, I know believe F to be correct.

With the pictures provided, I can't tell if it is officer or nco. That would add or take away from value of course.

Well, I guess that it would be good if Richtofen would tell us if it is thread or wire as that will have a direct bearing on the value/rarity of the item posted.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast