Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

unidentified SS patch

Article about: hi I just bought this for 100\\$ at a local antique store (the same one where in the past i have bought an iron cross second class which i think went to te same guy as this, a war merit third

Default unidentified SS patch

hi I just bought this for 100$ at a local antique store (the same one where in the past i have bought an iron cross second class which i think went to te same guy as this, a war merit third class medal,and an m40 stahlhelm with decal on it) and the store claimed it was a collar patch for an SS automatic weapon company but doing my research im not sure, any help would be great thanks!
    unidentified SS patch
    unidentified SS patch
    unidentified SS patch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unidentified SS patch
    P
    Many

Default Re: unidentified SS patch

Odd the tag is direct on the fabric? I have also never seen this style before other than the Dirlewanger Collar Tabs so it is new to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The patch is a trade badge for an SS armourer.Hard to tell if it is original from the picture provided, if it is you got it for a good price.

It's not a rare badge as they do turn up but I have only ever seen 1 picture of the badge being worn.

Hope this helps, meantime.

It's a ss nco armourer trade sleeve diamond. Looks to be original. Rarely encountered with the rzm tag, so if this tag is endeed correct to this patch, you got a great deal. If its not, a hundred is fair/common price IMHO. Does anyone know if F would be correct for this patch?

Thank you Bochman I have found it now with your help.
    I just do not see the SS RZM approved style backing and quality I would expect.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The style looks correct to me.

After futher research I found one I knew had its rzm tag. It's on oakleafs site. F is correct, very, very nice. His is for sale for 500 usd. You got a great price my friend, congrats!!

I think an "F" RZM tag would be way too exalted for the amount of work involved in this badge which gives me a reason to question it's authenticity.

However, I'll stick with my previous statement re the pics provided.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    I think an "F" RZM tag would be way too exalted for the amount of work involved in this badge which gives me a reason to question it's authenticity.

However, I'll stick with my previous statement re the pics provided.
    That's what I though and why I asked. However, after seeing two examples with F, I know believe F to be correct.

With the pictures provided, I can't tell if it is officer or nco. That would add or take away from value of course.

Well, I guess that it would be good if Richtofen would tell us if it is thread or wire as that will have a direct bearing on the value/rarity of the item posted.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast