Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs

Article about: F-B's recent post of this portrait of Schreck shows what is probably the earliest form of tabs for Standartenfurer. They can be seen again in this portrait of Wilhelm Dreher. Both pics are c

?

Default Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs

F-B's recent post of this portrait of Schreck shows what is probably the earliest form of tabs for Standartenfurer. They can be seen again in this portrait of Wilhelm Dreher. Both pics are credited to Otto Spronk, and can be found in Wilm. Saris' "Headgear of Hitler's Germany, Vol.4". They appear to be metal oakleaves, likely with a silver finish, and conforming to the SA standards of the time. Does anyone own any of these tabs, or can anyone provide a detailed pic of the oakleaf device? I've always been fascinated by the insignia of the early era...

Cheers,
    Arran.
    Attached Images Attached Images Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs  Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

thanks for another of your fine posts.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    thanks for another of your fine posts.

Thank you. I would also be very interested in seeing further period pics of this type of tab in wear, as well as any insignia manufacturer's catalogues containing similar oak leaves. I suspect that early on, metal versions of the other senior leaders' tabs were worn as well, and that occasionally metal pips were added to tabs with embroidered oak leaves. I'm pretty sure I've seen a pic of Hess with this combination...

Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabsof interest, but not quite what you want....

- - ------- - -

This tunic was tailored in early 1935.

I do not know when Schreck was promoted to his rank in the image we shared.

See below. I looked it up.

I looked in the rank list, and he attained Staf. in March of 1933 and was promoted to Oberfuehrer in February of 1934.

I have seen pages from a Steinhauer und Lueck catalog, where it seems to have metal oak leaves. These are also in the Assmann catalog, too.

I am not a collar patch person. I shall have to ask Delich.

I will send him this thread and see how he answers. He has many special things in his treasures.

Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar TabsHere Foerster appears to have a metal Sternchen on his otherwise bestickt collar patches.

or, from the many images of Hess out there. The Hess martyrdom sites are rather numerous. I had not looked heretofore. Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar TabsVery Early Standartenfuhrer Collar TabsVery Early Standartenfuhrer Collar TabsVery Early Standartenfuhrer Collar TabsVery Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs

an old post from a member who was formerly here and whom I trust....

Standartenfuhrer collar tabs

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast