Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Veteran Bringback SS Collar Tabs

Article about: Hi guys, I'm posting these for Joe (Gizmo). He recently pulled these out of the trash and I traced the name on the box to a vert who served with the 16th Infantry, 1st ID in Europe. These gu

Default Veteran Bringback SS Collar Tabs

Hi guys,

I'm posting these for Joe (Gizmo). He recently pulled these out of the trash and I traced the name on the box to a vert who served with the 16th Infantry, 1st ID in Europe. These guys encountered various divisions of the Waffen-SS on their way to Czechoslovakia so they were probably removed from a feldbluse of a POW or casualty.

He would like to know if they A. look like they were removed from a uniform, and B. if they look like a matching set.

I would also like to know what kind of variant these are. They don't look like the regular embroidered and bevo types I've seen.

Thanks!
    Mo (and Joe)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Veteran Bringback SS Collar Tabs   Veteran Bringback SS Collar Tabs  

Veteran Bringback SS Collar Tabs   Veteran Bringback SS Collar Tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veteran Bringback SS Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Thanks, Mo!

The blank tab is all there, it just looks like it experienced some trauma... Perhaps from being torn from a tunic.

This eagle was found in the same grouping:

The Beaver Bando book is the one for you, colleague. We have cited it a dozen times. It is the compendium of such items in detail.

The runic tab looks like a grubby flatwire collar tab (could even be a "ribbed rune") and I would say that all 3 items are original.

If the rank tab were mine, I would wet it and then use an iron to reshape it, as this would give you a better indication as to whether or not these are a pair.

Great find.

Thanks , Bochmann!

The runic tab doesn't seem like wire... Seems embroidered. I can take additional photos tomorrow at work.

The entire grouping (including a bronze IAB, German paratrooper cloth badge, and numerous other items) was found in a shoe box at my parent's recycling facility. The box was marked: "Mr. Chickery's Army Stuff". Mo helped me research Mr. Chickery and he was in the 1st Division, 16th Infantry.

I agree...I'd refold the blank tab's cloth and steam iron it...would look Much better afterwards.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Here is the blank tab sort of reset... I'd say definitely a matching set.

?

Be sure to put another piece of cloth over the item before you iron it as well. Just my two cents.
    Great find out of the trash. How did this find all come about?

I would say tunic removed and a matching set. It is the ribbed version IMO.

?

Now you only need to find a stripped ss uniform in the garbage to match these.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I have been wanting to add SS insignia like this to my collection for a very long time. I plan on putting together a display case with this insignia and then the insignia Pvt. Chickery would have worn in the 1st Infantry Division, 16th Regiment.

- - ------- - -

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Now you only need to find a stripped ss uniform in the garbage to match these.
    Lol! I hope that happens!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast