Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934

Article about: Mr. d'Alquen has one, and another of our members has another.

Default Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuehrung: explanation from June 1934

An extract from a June 1934 RZM circular which explains the standardization of black SS caps, associated with this tag. Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-24-2013 at 05:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934
    P
    Many

Default Re: Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934

Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934This practice, whereby subordinate echelons had contracted directly with firms, in this case, Kupper, to make caps was forbidden with this guideline. With the growth of the SS in 1934, even before the break with the Roehm Revolte, the SS contracting entity was reorganized in the frame of the RZM and means put in hand with the RFSS model system to ensure quality and standardization, which the RZM circulars describe in detail as well as trespasses against such standardization.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-24-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934These are difficult documents to use, as they make cross references that are clunky to find and it is hard to keep track of the whole thing.

Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934This fact notwithstanding, the files are essential to make sense of the evidence before us....

Greetings. Thanks F.B., for sharing these primary sources. Many (most?) of us are unable or unwilling to either find or translate such documentation but rely on you and others generous enough to research, translate, interpret and then draw conclusions. Then kind enough to share with us your journey of learning. This thread as well as that concerning Reich-era fakes are cutting-edge for many of us. Regards, Paul

Default Re: Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuehrung: explanation from June 1934

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    An extract from a June 1934 RZM circular which explains the standardization of black SS caps, associated with this tag.
    Allow me to add a translation for the benefit of the non-German speaking members:

"New cap price

In the circular of 26 March 1934 it was pointed out that the increase of cap prices registered in the supplementary price list was unavoidable. By error, the price had not been stated. The new price is:

a) for retailers:
    purchase price: 3.40 RM
    selling price: 4.15 RM

b) for tailor shops:
    purchase price: 4.15 RM
    selling price: 4.15 RM, added to which are 6 percent for postage etc.

The price for officers' caps is unchanged.

We point out the fact that our cap suppliers have been placed under obligation by us to henceforth manufacture SS service caps exclusively according to the manufacturing regulations issued by us, thus guaranteeing a consistent workmanship and a consistent appearance.

In the near future, the offices of the SS shall receive an order of the RFSS, according to which the wire integrated for the stiffening of the cap top and the preservation of the cap's shape must not be removed from the cap anymore. Upon their purchase of SS service caps, the SS members are to be instructed that the wire is to be left in the cap
    ."

I find the last sentence somewhat amusing... I cannot help but vividly imagine some little old tailor sternly lecturing an SS officer on how to wear his cap.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 02-24-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Default Re: Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuehrung: explanation from June 1934

It is a very interesting maker with the SS Gruppe West.
    Always hope to find such an example any holy day.
    Interesting, I just have seen those by the West, not East,South or North.

Outstanding Material!

"den Draht bitte in der Muetze lassen"

?

Thank you HPL2008 for the translation and my thanks to F-B for the period documents.

CMH

i also find the last sentence amusing recalling how even these days, during my years of service, removing this wire was not permitted by regulation yet many, including myself, would do so and get away with it preferring a cap with that more relaxed form.

thank you Friedrich-Berthold. once again, great examples and source materials i don't see anywhere else.

Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuerhung: explanation from June 1934Thank you, friends, for the collegial aid. Here is the cap with the SS Gruppe West mark. This cap is in several of the Schiffer books, actually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast