Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vom RFSS tag conundrum

Article about: This image was posted elsewhere to the effect of whether this tag reflected a legitimate maker of SS caps. A successful collector is an informed collector, to be sure. In this case, a fake t

Default Vom RFSS tag conundrum

This image was posted elsewhere to the effect of whether this tag reflected a legitimate maker of SS caps.

A successful collector is an informed collector, to be sure.

In this case, a fake tag is mistaken for a tag with a maker's license number. If read the original post properly, which once more highlights the need to explain these tags, which may be baffling to the uninitiated.

The inability to identify these tags and their proper use damns a beginning collector to swift and embarrassing failure. Vom RFSS tag conundrum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vom RFSS tag conundrum
    P
    Many

Default Re: Vom RFSS tag conundrum

Vom RFSS tag conundrumVom RFSS tag conundrumAn original tag.Vom RFSS tag conundrumVom RFSS tag conundrumVom RFSS tag conundrumVom RFSS tag conundrum

Vom RFSS tag conundrumVom RFSS tag conundrumIn the course of 1934, as the SS evolved out of its structure in the SA, its leadership (within the frame of the RZM) standardized the uniform, at which time, it appears, this kind of tag was introduced. The tag itself indicates that the item is as ordered by the RFSS. It contains, itself, no indication as to the maker. In the overcoat tag, however, a contract number of the Beschaffungsamt SS or the Verwaltungsamt SS is attached. This tag tends to be seen in items made in the years 1934 through 1938, but I would not bet the farm on this generalization. That is, I have here to fore not seen this tag in items after 1938.....

Of course, as the first photo here in this thread indicates, these tags have long been faked.

I will leave to someone else to demonstrate a real from a fake tag, as such is not my routine.

Vom RFSS tag conundrumVom RFSS tag conundrumBy contrast, here is an early cap, unmarked, a non RZM cap, perhaps made before the advent of these requirements, or made despite them....but, in any case, without marks.