Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

W-SS tunic in salty cond.

Article about: I would really like to see them, DDavies. Let me know when you get them in the mail. Late war items can get pretty controversial. I wonder how many other items have been deemed bad due to th

Dave,I suggest nothing.I only gave my opinion and yes,I'm still of the same opinion and I'm not going to convince other collectors.
    As promised ( although useless ) here are some early tabs from my ex insignias collection.

Francesco
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS tunic in salty cond.   W-SS tunic in salty cond.  

W-SS tunic in salty cond.   W-SS tunic in salty cond.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W-SS tunic in salty cond.
    P
    Many

Nice collection Francesco.It seems we both have different opinions.I suppose the hobby would be very boring if we all had the same opinions.
    I'm happy with them and that's all that matters.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Nice originals, too, Francesco. Thank you for posting them.
    It seems like it's the same members commenting in this debate. I would like to hear from some others perspective if possible, thanks.

Quote by ddavies View Post
    Thanks Youthcollector1
    Your reference material is very helpfull indeed.also thanks Bochmann I bought my unissued set from Peter v Lukacs it was part of a large LAH grouping.I notice in the discription for the same type of tab on collectorsmilitaria website It also has a LAH connection,so maybe it is a earlier tab as you suggest Bochmann.
    So dean it makes your Bargain of a tunic even better knowing you have a scarce pattern tab.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Dave,
    I am well aware of where these tabs came from and if I had been a bit quicker, I would have bought them myself.
    I already have another early Rzm tab, so I decided to pass on these and buy a Tk tab instead.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Dave,
    I am well aware of where these tabs came from and if I had been a bit quicker, I would have bought them myself.
    I already have another early Rzm tab, so I decided to pass on these and buy a Tk tab instead.
    I did hesitate a little before buying but in the end i just went for it before missing out.Whenyou say you bought a TK tab was it that flawire one on his site,that was a real beauty.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by ddavies View Post
    I did hesitate a little before buying but in the end i just went for it before missing out.Whenyou say you bought a TK tab was it that flawire one on his site,that was a real beauty.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Dave,
    Sadly "no", I got the chance to buy a good example of an early tab and took it but these things are so expensive these days that I have now decided to have a sabbatical from collecting insignia for a while.
    I have still managed to buy some other small things just to keep my hand in the meantime as I do like equipment too and I bought a nice single decal Heer helmet and an M43 cap recently.
    However, I would prefer to wait it out and buy a good quality SS tunic with the insignia actually on it, rather than insignia on its own.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Dave,
    Sadly "no", I got the chance to buy a good example of an early tab and took it but these things are so expensive these days that I have now decided to have a sabbatical from collecting insignia for a while.
    I have still managed to buy some other small things just to keep my hand in the meantime as I do like equipment too and I bought a nice single decal Heer helmet and an M43 cap recently.
    However, I would prefer to wait it out and buy a good quality SS tunic with the insignia actually on it, rather than insignia on its own.
    what sort of tunic you looking for

Hawkins,

Apologies, but I had been up really late and actually replied to this just before going to bed.
    The easy answer is that I am looking for anything original that I can get at a good price (isn't everyone) and I would not rule out a "stripped" tunic either as I am sure that a lot of the tunics that come up for sale have been restored.
    Some dealers' are honest and will tell you and some will not but for sure that special untouched item will always come with an equally special price tag.

?

Here are some SS insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS tunic in salty cond.   W-SS tunic in salty cond.  

W-SS tunic in salty cond.  
    Attached Images Attached Images W-SS tunic in salty cond. 

?

A few more..some are Francesco's images .
    Attached Images Attached Images W-SS tunic in salty cond.  W-SS tunic in salty cond.  W-SS tunic in salty cond. 

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast