Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

W-SS Tunic for a Sturmbannführer from Rgt Westland

Article about: One does not see original, untouched SS officer tunics come out of the woodwork much anymore, but here is one such example I had the pleasure of inspecting today:

Default W-SS Tunic for a Sturmbannführer from Rgt Westland

One does not see original, untouched SS officer tunics come out of the woodwork much anymore, but here is one such example I had the pleasure of inspecting today:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS Tunic for a Sturmbannführer from Rgt Westland   W-SS Tunic for a Sturmbannführer from Rgt Westland  

W-SS Tunic for a Sturmbannführer from Rgt Westland   W-SS Tunic for a Sturmbannführer from Rgt Westland  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W-SS Tunic for a Sturmbannführer from Rgt Westland
    P
    Many

Greetings Mr. Stonemint, thank you for relaying these aesthetically pleasing images to us. Being it's latterly out of the woodwork, if I may, is there any other information available on it's history and/or prior ownership?
    Though I still have much to learn, for what it's worth my opine based on these photographs alone is that the insignia correlates well with it's counterparts and the tunic itself. Everything looks to be original as well.....the eagles eye is especially prepossessing. It somewhat resembles that of a sig rune.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-09-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Sorry, one other question; the tunic appears to have damage right below the right wing of the eagle....does that continue onto the patch? Again, thank you for posting this, it's a wonderful tunic.

Amazing display. Thanks for sharing!

?

Thanks for sharing! To think of how many boxes sitting who knows where stuffed with treasures from yesteryears waiting to be exposed to the light of day. What a find!

Hi Stoney, A beautiful and rare looking tunic. Nice being able to look and study it In Hand.

Here is another one, it is on Kelly Hicks site, and from a notable SS collection.
    Regards SK

W-SS Tunic for a Sturmbannführer from Rgt Westland
    Last edited by Silberkreuz; 11-09-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Wow!...

My friend in Germany got around 2 years a complete Westland group from the son of the vet.
    EM40 upgraded to Off, plus cuffands, medals and potraits plus 2 albums.

This looks really nice.

great stuff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast