Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Armband????

Article about: A co-worker at my mothers work collected antiques for a while and he came across this armband sometime ago and gave it to me. I personally have not seen a armband similar to this one. Even a

Question Waffen SS Armband????

A co-worker at my mothers work collected antiques for a while and he came across this armband sometime ago and gave it to me. I personally have not seen a armband similar to this one. Even after some research into Third Reich armbands I found nothing of such design. He did say something about it being a eastern front volunteer who might have been employed by the Waffen SS to do labor jobs behind the front lines. Im not sure if this is just one of those fantasy Third Reich armbands but either way it was given to me so im not losing money. Thanks again any help is appreciated.

Waffen SS Armband????Waffen SS Armband????Waffen SS Armband????Waffen SS Armband????Waffen SS Armband????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Armband????
    P
    Many

Your friend was correct. This armband was worn by civilians in the employee of the Waffen SS
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the response Bob.

Bob's ID is correct. But I would not say it is original. Always buy the yellow one with machine woven lettering.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thumbs up

I disagree - the stamped ones are also good and this one shows some aging/use. I have seen them with makers marks on the inside.
    Sarge

I agree with Ade, I feel this is an aged reproduction.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Bob's ID is correct. But I would not say it is original. Always buy the yellow one with machine woven lettering.

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree with Ade. Printed armbands are too easy to fske. Originals may exist but why take the risk.
    BOB

Printed armbands can, indeed, be authentic-they did exist, of course. But, unfortunately, they are Far too easy to make and fiddle about with aging them and making them look used, and so they generally stay outside of most collectors comfort zones. Bottomline being,unless one has bulletproof provenance on such a piece, they can be quite spooky to collectors spending decent money on them.
    The piece shown here by the opening poster, under closer looking has very good detailing to it. The construction also looks to be quite well done. The edges are evenly rolled and stitched, and the seam is neatly joined. Frustratingly, that is about as far as an online photo inspection of it can go. It Looks good, but is it? Without knowing it's background and not having any closer looks at it as with an in-hand examination, it is impossible to take an authentication any further.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Black light test ??

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Black light test ??
    You can try but the lack light has become an inaccurate tool for authentication. Modern laundering will make a period piece light up. The fakers long ago have learned how to manufacture goods that will not glow. The best test is from learned knowledge utilizing the gray matter above the neck.
    BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast