Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat

Article about: Well, to make a long story short, a friend introduced me to someone who had some German war souvenirs. I traded for everything he had, to include the following hat. It is very worn and used

Default Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat

Well, to make a long story short, a friend introduced me to someone who had some German war souvenirs. I traded for everything he had, to include the following hat. It is very worn and used and appears to have already had a replaced sweat band, which is falling out. The eagle and skull were bullion, but mostly the unterlagen is still intact with traces of the bullion on the eagle.

The fellow collects guns and antiquer gun leather. I traded old western gun leather for his stuff.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat   Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat  

Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat   Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat  

Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat   Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat

Hi Bob,shouldn`t the skull face to the left?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The skull was probably cut from a bullion collar tab. Collar tab skulls could face either diredtion.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS Artillery Officer Visor Hat  

Bob-
    That certainly has the look of a period individual modification of a genuine pipied visor cap for field wear. A very interesting piece.
    Bob
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for your post here Bob,

like my p.m, your cap will be a theatral item realised in war period or just after to me, like this one :

?

The insignia looks to me a private purchased and as the scull template is hand made, as a many private purchased insignia. I never seen that kind of template, and at least there no space to the teeth. The jaw located to high. Looks like a visor has been repaired too, due of a bit wrongly attached, as normally for the salty caps
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The eagle and skull are both distorted from the hat being crushed flat since it was brought back. There is adequet room for teeth if I was to straighten out the wrinkled band and skull unterlagen.

I do not believe this is a theatrical or movie prop. The western gun collector bought it, with some firearms, from the man who brought it back from the war.

Bob Hritz

I usually refrain from making comments about piped SS caps. Considering their rarity however it does have the look. I like it, for what its worth.
    Thanks for showing Bob

?

Doesen't look to me as a theater made, too proper to be a theater one and too salty, usually there a hard traces of cosmetics on the well worn items. At least Ex-USSR theters newer has theater made items in such a good quality
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The cap has everything quality wise one would want to find in a period cap. The key is always the installation of the piping, which was always done by the master of the firm. The buckram is right. what can one say except congratulations for finding a very nice piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast