Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

waffen ss cammo rank insigina

Article about: hi i thought id add this local find form a flea market and a fake that i had for ages the fake is the embroidered one and the other i hope is real and it matches up correctly to everything i

Default waffen ss cammo rank insigina

hi i thought id add this local find form a flea market and a fake that i had for ages the fake is the embroidered one and the other i hope is real and it matches up correctly to everything iv seen in my waffen ss cammo uniforms books any help appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss cammo rank insigina   waffen ss cammo rank insigina  

waffen ss cammo rank insigina  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss cammo rank insigina
    P
    Many

Default Re: waffen ss cammo rank insigina

any thoughts on this find please

117 looks and no comments should i take that as bad news

I am one of those 117 .I would like to see pictures of the back.I am not a expert at all on thoses patches but would say fake. the black material looks like jeans quality.

its kinda like that chris but definatly softer than jeans material theres nothing o nthe back as far i recall which never having seen the back i cant tell if it should be stamped in any way i will post new pics in a few minutes

fresh pics as promised i wont cry if its bad i only paid about 5 dollars but it looked good in reference to the one in cammo unifroms of the waffen ss and t omy untrained eye i noticed that there was a material patch of this kind in the book i burnt a strand of the thread and it burnted like cotton should and i have no idea if thats good or bad either especially as germany was beginning to play with synthetics for unifroms
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss cammo rank insigina  
    Attached Images Attached Images waffen ss cammo rank insigina 

The printed rank insignia are done on a finely ribbed silky rayon material. They are silk screened.

The machine embroidered piece does not engender feelings of authenticity. The leaves are far more pointed than I have seen on known originals.

Bob Hritz

thanks bob i knew the embroidered one was a fake for deff but wasnt sure with the other it is soft material but i dont think its rayon wouldnt that melt if the burn test is applied? i heavily lightened the picture with my pc to actually try and show the weave its as black as the front and well if its fake its fake still worth a fiver to stick on my fake ss oakleaf parka

The printed example looks OK. Rayon is cellulose, made from wood pulp, so it burns and does not melt.

Bob Hritz

hi bob so you think the printed one is a real one then ?? if so could you please give me any advice on the value and how i should care for it ? i ask as iv just had it sitting in a plastic baggy with the fake embriodered one if its real really made my night