Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?

Article about: Hi guys, Just a quick question. Under which circumstances would a cufftitle meant for a Waffen-SS division (Wiking, Frundsberg, etc.) be worn on a black SS uniform? Thanks, Mo

Default Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. Under which circumstances would a cufftitle meant for a Waffen-SS division (Wiking, Frundsberg, etc.) be worn on a black SS uniform?

Thanks,
    Mo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?
    P
    Many

If you have an image of the customaryWaffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms? black uniform with a Wiking or Frundsberg cuff title, we would like to see such a thing.

We have a pretty effective thread on the wear of the black uniform after 1 September 1939.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Hi FB, thanks for your response. I do not have any photos of such a uniform, but a friend of mine is making a short film involving a Waffen-SS officer in a black uniform with, I think, a "Das Reich" cufftitle, and that didn't seem right to me.

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?
    Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hi FB, thanks for your response. I do not have any photos of such a uniform, but a friend of mine is making a short film involving a Waffen-SS officer in a black uniform with, I think, a "Das Reich" cufftitle, and that didn't seem right to me.
    You are quite right.

- - ------- - -

But far be it from us to tell creative people how to act or how to dress.

Realism only goes so far, and artistic license rules the day.

It is thus.

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?If it could speak, it would say...."I am not a 'Das Reich' cuff title.!"

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?When one consider the evolution of war and art, it is interesting the circumstances in which realism came to be a requirement. That is, that authenticity became something we all hope for and expect to see.

Ugh... it gets worse. I just found out he is supposed to be a KZ-Lager commandant... with the black uniform AND Das Reich cufftitle. He cites that he chose the black uniform because it's symbolic of evil. I figured the runes would have been plenty.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Ugh... it gets worse. I just found out he is supposed to be a KZ-Lager commandant... with the black uniform AND Das Reich cufftitle. He cites that he chose the black uniform because it's symbolic of evil. I figured the runes would have been plenty.
    Please refer to the above.

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?The black uniform was present in Hollywood from the beginning.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast