Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic

Article about: Another item courtesy of my associate. I hope it gets good marks from you guys as I happen to be very attracted to it... BTW, I have asked for an image of the sleeve eagle...

Default Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic

Another item courtesy of my associate. I hope it gets good marks from you guys as I happen to be very attracted to it...

BTW, I have asked for an image of the sleeve eagle...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic   Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic  

Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic   Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic

I hope that someone pipes in here real soon as I'm very curious about this one. I've never encountered shoulder straps like this, i.e., the black material base weave looks very unusual along with the LAH monogram chain-stitched along with a course looking branch of service piping, although I have seen this type of piping on original strap before. Also, the straps look very short for the width of the shoulders and it's curious to me that they are sewn in, when I'd expect them to be slip-on style on a M40 tunic. Could have been a walking out tunic I guess. Further, I can't tell if the LAH cuff title is bullion or not. I would think, just based on the way it looks it is but I don't know. Would like to see the sleeve eagle too.
    All the best,
    David

Dear Associates,

Showing this stuff for an associate to create comprehensive conversation/debate and statement(s) of opinion are the main reasons that I have volunteered to do so...

I am doing such because I have been rewarded some free time in recent weeks and it is a great pleasure for me to contribute to one of the most fascinating facets of the militaria collecting hobby - The SS.

In case it was not known, I strictly collect Soviet cloth, insignia, headgear, and photographic images...

I have no monetary nor reputation interests to acquire.

This forum is different from the others, so PLEASE, "PIPE IN"...

Damit basta...

I don't know about ss uniforms, but one thing for sure, we need to see that color piped waffen ss em visor shown on the back in the picture

?

My IMHO is a good early straps and also looks like nice officer's delux AH cufftitle
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Those straps. I've never seen any quite like that. I've seen the early chain stitched thin ones, and I've owned a few pairs of the later ones, but never seen a mixture, which these look like. Agree with Dimas on the cuff, and the tunic looks honest, but i will reserve judgement on the slip on's

Well I've trawled through my books, and I can't find any resemblance to these "later" straps with "early" chain stitching. That's not to say that they are right, Just nothing like them...... but I know one person who "wood" know, I'll try him

I do not know if this pertains directly to any comments posted thus far, but I did take notice of the straps.

I asked another associate of mine (concerning sizes) who collects insignia & etc, and he sent me these images of the shortest and longest straps he has seen in his many years of collecting...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic   Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic  

Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic  

The shoulder board piping is constistant with an early set I have, on a tunic. I do like the quality of the chain stitched embroidery. I have not seen any boards like this, but I admit I kile them very much.

Richie, please compare this original cuff title, on the LAH NCO tunic, to that on the black tunic you posted. You will see the difference in the weave and construction.

So far, I like what I see.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS LAH NCO Tunic  

?

I too have encountered many sizes of shoulder straps over the years. If have often seen "size" as a large consideration regarding originality on forums. As we see here size is only a small factor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast