Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

Article about: If anyones going to know it going to be you guys...6am and i havent slept over this. Hopefully all will go well when i speak to the dealer in a couple of hours

?

Default Re: WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

It happens to the best of us. Let this be a learning tool. I've been caught up in the moment and fooled before. Some dealers would sell their grandmas heart pills and say it was hitlers medication. Just please come here before you buy anything . We are here to help stop evil and do justice for collectors around the world

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)
    P
    Many

I actually just got it today....it was just one of those things..ive bought so much stuff from this guy when he described it i just bought it,i dont think he was deliberately trying to deceive me as im a really good paying customer lol...but this is where these forums are good,i have no access to any other sources of information as i live in the bush in Australia

?

Well, I'm glad you are a member of our community now.You will find a wealth of knowledge here and some great people. I've made some bad mistakes before I came here but I've saved a lot since then.

Is the dealer in Australia or overseas? If local that should make the process of getting a refund easier and if there is any difficulty then at least you can pay a face to face visit and insert that scull sideways where he will tend to remember it!

Hes in Australia,ive bought some great gear from him..im sure he wont have a problem with a refund hes a fairly decent guy...its just disappointing,i know you guys understand..lets face it,its not the cheapest bloody hobby and all you want for your hard earned money is the genuine thing

Too true.

Maybe slip that scull back on first in case he tries to argue that you've damaged the cap or something.

lol ill give him the $5 for the skull

When it comes to period pictures authenticating an anomoly, it is far from any form of definitive proof of an item's authenticity. The fakers also study these pictures and will make fake copies of unusual items. I very well recall a complete reproduction named SS police general officer uniform that had a bergmutze with a very unusual pinch to the peak of the cap. The faker had also enclosed a copy of a period picture of that officer wearing a cap with an identical piunch to the front of the cap. The cap itself is a fairly well made reproduction with unquestionable fake insignia. This cap could definitely fool a collector who does not have experience in what is out their in the reproduction market.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    I read through other posts in this forum on this exact topic before touching it...extremely disapointed
    Could you post images of the buttons and stamps? There are red stamps in a addition to the size and faint RB number stamp.

The red stamps are really faint and are on both sides i think it says 344.....the fact remains everyone here is certain the skull is dodgy?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast