Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

Article about: If anyones going to know it going to be you guys...6am and i havent slept over this. Hopefully all will go well when i speak to the dealer in a couple of hours

Nice cap !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)
    P
    Many

i'm always really extremely souspiciuos when i see these m43 with usual htb liner, sweatband and all in stone-mint condition. i don't consider them for a purchase.
    here the tk is a clear fake, eagle looks legit and badly reapplied.

Just a few odd bits of observation here...the cap, even if it is a private purchase, is like none that I have ever had or seen. I have yet to find another with the button hole flap end that is so Rounded on the tip. They are almost without exception squared tips. The half band leather inside is normal on occasion, but this one looks to have been deliberately made so for the purpose of adding credibility-it could well be a period sweatband that has been applied to a newer cap, but that is just an observation. The skull, as has been said, is, of course, the infamous drooping "5" mustached fake. The Chinese-eyed eagle is also quite likely as well a fake. Thankfully, the producer of this cap was Not the seller who offered it, as if it Had been, you would likely have not gotten so readily offered a return.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I try to only buy hi end stuff from guys who have been around for some time, so if there is anything dodgy i can get my money back...but it amazes me the lengths people go to to fake these things..thats what makes this forum so invaluable..where i live you have no access to first hand comparison,but all of you guys talk through in a clear and concise manor making it alot easier to find the fakes

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    I try to only buy hi end stuff from guys who have been around for some time, so if there is anything dodgy i can get my money back...but it amazes me the lengths people go to to fake these things..thats what makes this forum so invaluable..where i live you have no access to first hand comparison,but all of you guys talk through in a clear and concise manor making it alot easier to find the fakes
    We are only trying to give back to which has giving us so much in return. Glade all worked out in the end.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8