Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

Article about: This has been in my posession for near ten years, the body of the cap is made from a fine doe-skin type material. I have always considered it an original pre 1945 example.

Default Re: Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

Waffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapMauro hi,

Thank you for your comments, I enclose some more photos which I hope may help in forming a more accurate appraisal.
    The sweatband shows no evidence of it being replaced and I have examined it closely.
    The interior lining of the cap shows it's age as well the underside of the visor peak is worn heavily on one side from constant gripping with the fingers whhen putting it on or taking it off.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

Sorry to say that in all likelyhood, this is a parts cap or frankenstein. As I suspected, the peak is glued on with some kind of black sealant. There are a few very untidy hand sewn stitches through the leather band and out to the exterior in that area but that's all. The lining is a total mess with little attempt at the proper way of pleating it and neatly sewing it to the frame of the cap. The TK definitely looks cast to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3