Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutache

Article about: Hard one to judge 100% just by digital images alone. An " in hand " inspection would obviously be the best method, IMO. To me, the cap was seldom worn and maybe the original owner

Default Waffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutache

Hello dear collectors, I would like your feeling about that WSS panzer sidecap with pink soutache...the condition is very nice...

Many thanks for your help and time
    Sébastien

Waffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutacheWaffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutacheWaffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutacheWaffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutacheWaffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutacheWaffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutache

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutache
    P
    Many

Nobody ?

?

Does it have the false piping? I can't really see from these photos.
    Replaced insignia I would suggest..

may be replaced insignia, but this one is correct.

Thank you Ben and Sid ! your help is realy apreciate.... piping details for our Ben :

Waffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutache

IMO both the cap insigna (originals) and the pink soutache post war add.....but a honest piece.

Quote by Hsturmfhgeorg View Post
    IMO both the cap insigna (originals) and the pink soutache post war add.....but a honest piece.
    Well then it must all be post war, if you look carefully in the picture he shows that the soutache penetrates the seam of the lower edge of the cap and is visible in the fold, indicating it was placed there when the cap was manufactured, you can't do that later. So if all the other factors line up then it stands to reason it is a good cap and wartime manufacture and therefore authentic. I don't know about the insignia to offer an opinion.

?

I do like it.

many thanks all...your help is really Great... about the insignas maybe added after or in period, but original... for the pink soutache I think period also of course... the discoloration... a simple sunlight effect for sure... the cap seems to be in excellent condition and not really attributed or in short war time ?

?

The soutache has been there for a long time. It looks like the insignia has been added later since they have more wear compared to the sunfaded pink soutache.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast