Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Waffen ss tunic

Article about: 15 years ago I bought this tunic from former Wehrmacht soldiers Please help me with identifying this tunic is original or fake in February 1945 18 yo Horst Planies was putting into service W

Default Waffen ss tunic

15 years ago I bought this tunic from former Wehrmacht soldiers Please help me with identifying this tunic is original or fake in February 1945 18 yo Horst Planies was putting into service Wehrmacht army in western Germany region near EiffelWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen ss tunic
    P
    Many

Appears to be an original SS tunic. Any signs of old stitch holes or marks of a sleeve eagle or collar tabs ? Having a prior Heer breast eagle, maybe was just late war M43 issued to heer instead of SS. Hard to tell unless you can see signs of tabs & sleeve eagle. Normally, the sleeve eagle is factory applied on this model tunic
    D.

Hi thanks for quick response this tunic has shoulder boards ripped of also just the stitches mark inside from German eagle I will try send more pictures

Default Waffen sa tunic

On left.sleave 3/4hi I can see old stitches and also on the collar I can see mark from Wehrmacht tab More pictures:Waffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunicWaffen ss tunic

I can only opine what I think happened. Late war tunics were needed by all branches. This "textbook" SS was just issued over to Heer & badged post factory with Heer insignia after removing the sleeve eagle.
    D.

Thanks old man told me on this time of war they give them all leftovers from killed and hospitalized soldiers he was17-18 old kid

Very nice you have some provenance to the tunic.
    D.

I have also question about insignia on this tunic I should put Wehrmacht or ss thanks

With one SS jacket, marquing SS BW, i prefer to put SS insignias, IMO.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast