Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Article about: I would have one concern about using regular straight pins if there is any kind of moisture / humidity in the air it may leave a little dark mark and or rust staining were the pins are expos

Default Re: waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Aha, a battle of wills ........ strike, parry, counterstrike - cracker, chaps!
    ( BTW, I watch on the sidelines with interest on the outcome )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best
    P
    Many

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Aha, a battle of wills ........ strike, parry, counterstrike - cracker, chaps!
    ( BTW, I watch on the sidelines with interest on the outcome )
    haaah nice but he has even got me thinking now shit if the tunic is east german my god ! . but please some one show me another so i can put my own thoughts to rest . as for the rest of the insignia well i have been wrong before when it comes to the foreign made stuff . i need to get a better camera and take better photos ,

any more thoughts on the tabs and cufftitle

The Tabs and armeagle looks like Belgium made one's.

?

The tabs and eagle are perfectly original Flemish made originals. I think the cuff title may also be a known and accepted foreign made original. Its important to be aware of the foreign made insignia BEFORE one makes sweeping pronouncements that something is fake...

thanks cant seem to find any photos my self if what you say is right then this is the real deal tunic

?

Some collectors who specialize in this area should pipe up before this tunic is branded a fake. Is it for sale? How much?

Quote by Arran View Post
    The tabs and eagle are perfectly original Flemish made originals. I think the cuff title may also be a known and accepted foreign made original. Its important to be aware of the foreign made insignia BEFORE one makes sweeping pronouncements that something is fake...
    Flemish made originals? and you think the cuff title may be an accepted foreign made original? Can you tell me what has brought you to those conclusions? I'm curious as to what foreign country was making Adolf Hitler Cuff titles which were worn exclusively by the Fuhrer Begleit Battalion and the The 1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler, which had no foreign made cuff titles among them. So, I am just curious as to what brought you to this conclusion?

Its very simple. Cuff Titles of WWII of the SS were NOT made of polyester. By looking at the cuff title, and the Collar Insignia you can easily tell that they are made from a 50/50 poly blend. This has a very distinct look to it. If anyone has SOLDAT Volume 11, this is clearly displayed and illustrated on page 206, as well as Bill Shea's book on SS Insignia of 1925 through 1945. In addition the Flemish volunteers did NOT serve in the 1st SS Division, Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler. I'm not here to dash someones hopes for a tunic here, I am simply pointing out the obvious and years of experience and what has been collected in years of literature. Again, this is my opinion and at least I have explained my reasons

?

Last edited by Eddie; 07-24-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast