Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

Article about: I would have one concern about using regular straight pins if there is any kind of moisture / humidity in the air it may leave a little dark mark and or rust staining were the pins are expos

?

Default Re: waffen ss tunic dodgy at best

I think the missing sections of script are wear to the original, very fine threads rather than anything to do with the manufacturing process...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss tunic dodgy   at best
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Go for it, Hawkins. Looks like a green light after all! Good luck on the auction! Hope you get it after all this trouble! I'm not going to hazard a shot at the price value-that's pretty much up to what you feel is right yourself!
    thanks i ant got a lot just hope other have not clicked on to what i know , after now 11+ hours . i had a chance to get this afew years back but thought like some and did not know alot about the foreign stuff , arrrrrrrrrr%#3 ,

- - Updated - -

Quote by Arran View Post
    I think the missing sections of script are wear to the original, very fine threads rather than anything to do with the manufacturing process...
    good point thanks got to run now , boy if only i had wodds of cash well i will have a go , and be in more deit big time

Let us know what happens with the piece. You were fortunate to get through the bad information that started this thread. You have a genuine tunic that was possibly stripped and genuine insignia. Let us hope that other interested parties are not as well informed on this piece as you are.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Well done mate....

Too my mind it shows that posts should be reviewed before hitting "send"!

I feel a few other apologies are required.....not just because Hawkins has had this tunic confirmed so to speak, but just the wy the poor bloke got hammered for doing what we all say on here, post, research and ask questions!

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Well done mate....

Too my mind it shows that posts should be reviewed before hitting "send"!

I feel a few other apologies are required.....not just because Hawkins has had this tunic confirmed so to speak, but just the wy the poor bloke got hammered for doing what we all say on here, post, research and ask questions!

And the guy with all of the bad information is no longer among us. He had a lot of opinions. Unfortunately for him, they were all wrong!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

thanks all well i put in the top bid and did not reach but am working out a offer , sorry i should have got more photos , and will if i can and all works ,, so i would like to break it down

1 original tabs foreign made

2 cuff title original and foreign made as in ulic book .. all so i see one in angola on page 289 angolia and says the cuff title is from 1943 on all one on page 8

3 the eagle seems to form with what others have showin and say .

4 as for the shouldar boards coming out i have gone over it and seems to be becauce its not been hanged right on a coat hanger over the years and has caused it to pull .

5 the tabs are hand sown on and have embedded them selfs if you know what i mean .

6 still can not find a trace of a army eagle

7 the sleeves show heavy sweet stain to the point the linning is taking on a smokers yellow ( YAK )

now i am out of my league with price so woud like some help with this in a pm if you like .. i must say i have read page after page and become some what over warey over time with the storys i read and have never had a waffin tunic or seen one in person but after every thing i have read i think this is the real deal .

but please the more input the better if you see something that needs to be looked in to that you see . thanks every one so far
    Last edited by hawkins; 07-24-2012 at 09:06 AM.

?

Wow, the guy who caused all this caffuffle joined this month and got banned straight away, thats some going

just a cap off yes the guy thats taken a walk had me thinking i was mad in head , when he brought up its a east german tunic and then i thought i was even more mad when he said it should not have black under the boards ,

thanks bob i must say now 24 hours later at it . i have just spoken to the guy so will see how it goes , gives me a few more days grase to get it right ,

Quote by davejb View Post
    Wow, the guy who caused all this caffuffle joined this month and got banned straight away, thats some going
    Hi Dave, he has a known history elsewhere of attempting to sell fakes, multiple re-registering and giving out very poor "advice". I was staggered to read some of his crass statements on this tunic. Totally wrong advice which others thankfully have corrected while I was away and getting back up to speed on things since coming home.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast