Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS tunic for review...

Article about: Hi guys. Here's another SS tunic I'd like some opinions on. There are things about it that I like and things I'm unsure of but I won't "lead" you with my opinions; I'll leave it up

?

Default Waffen SS tunic for review...

Hi guys. Here's another SS tunic I'd like some opinions on. There are things about it that I like and things I'm unsure of but I won't "lead" you with my opinions; I'll leave it up to each of you to comment. Some of the photos were taken under different lighting conditions, which is why you see some color variances between photos. Additional photos can be taken so please let me know if you need to see something specific...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS tunic for review...
    P
    Many

?

Here are some much better photos of the entire front and back sides...

Dzyner

Everything is fake...
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade. I was not expecting to hear that everything is fake. I thought at least the base tunic and cuff title are ok, and perhaps the collar tabs have been replaced, but not everything. To me the SS tab looks to be the "type 3" version. I trust you though, so if you say its all bad then its all bad. Thanks for the feedback!

I was going to comment on the collar tress appears to be Luftwaffe. But since it's been called a fake, it doesn't matter about the tress.

Hi, I apologize for this request, but could someone elaborate on what is not correct here. The tunic itself looks wrong. I have drawn my conclusions on the insignia this tunic carries. For the sake of education and learning, as so we know what to look for and what is a red flag. Many thanks.

O.K. no response as of yet so here it goes, my opinions. First the tunic itself, as I said earlier, just looks wrong. To many buttons, the cloth and the cut all look bad to me. The collar tabs both look to have wrong black cloth and they both appear to be different. The rank tabs prongs going through the collar itself tells me whoever put this together actually read a book or two. The runes tab, same, also the runes seem to be positioned wrong on the tab itself. The eagle is not of anything I have seen produced in the TR. The shoulder boards I cannot comment on as there is not a good pic provided. Now the tricky one for me anyway, the cufftitle. Other than the black cloth bands weave, it looks as it could pass and fool most. I maybe way off here, but I would like to sill hear the opinions of others on what makes this not right. Once again, thanks.

Well, it looks like you have a handle on it. When looking at a lot of TR stuff, if something is wrong, it’s all wrong. There were, for example, only so many metal caps skulls produced by factories. These are the originals and if you find one that doesn’t look like the originals, then it’s probably a fake. And who cares if you can track it down to a country of origin, a manufacturer, the guy’s name who works M-W-F on the production line, etc. A fake is a fake and you don’t need to go any further. Finding originals and studying them is the best way to go. Take in all the details… the Devil is in the details. If you can, find a collector who has originals and ask them if you can study them.