Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffenfarbe, oh Waffenfarbe

Article about: I feel the same, "klassisch ist am besten". Contrarianism is usually the best policy if you are besieged by dangerous fools. Oskar Matzerath, a famously non-poisonous dwarf, found

Default Waffenfarbe, oh Waffenfarbe

Waffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeYou do not have to believe me, but this is one of the Waffen SS caps I sold out of ennui because of these dumbo websites.
    Others plainly profited from my lack of passion for the thing. Bully.
    I have owned several caps that later appeared in books, actually.

I had two "colored pipes" grey SS caps, both of which I sold.

Nor would I buy another, really, if the chance presented itself.

to each his own.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-08-2012 at 12:23 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffenfarbe, oh Waffenfarbe
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffenfarbe, oh Waffenfarbe

This cap originally came from Manion's; and I bought it in the 1990s from a collector to whom I had sold a part of my collection in the early 1980s; and sold I then it in the last decade to a member here for a modest price, who was regaled by the glamor dealer that the thing was fake; whereupon one of the leading headwear collectors in North America bought it (at several times my purchase price) and put it in his book.....where you find it now.

The cap was a tailor made piece of wartime origin, well made, and with patina as you can see.

I do not have an image of the interior, but it had a trade mark of some kind.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-07-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Your signature is certainly apt. Damit basta......

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nor is this a picture of my thumb.

Waffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh Waffenfarbe
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Your signature is certainly apt. Damit basta......

Cheers, Ade.
    Basta with silly posts about "colored pipes..." and "sculls" and crimped prongs and such.

My little story about said cap embodies many of the disincentives to collect Nazi regalia at all, but I am surely nonplussed by the discovery of my former hat in its present glory.

I never cared much for the thing, and am happy it brings someone else so much joy.

I own several SS caps of which I am much more fond, and many of these are published, for what little it is worth.

?

I've always found plain Weisse Waffenfarbe to be the best. Personally, everything else looks rather gaudy. I can certainly relate to your apathy towards some popular objects/themes of TR collecting as well. Though, you have to admit that this opens up possibilities for the more educated collector, who can snap up German language periodicals or early examples of pieces because they aren't as "sexy" or "textbook" to the average collector, or because they have no interest in learning German.

Thanks. In my case, I was so irritated and put out by the hundreds and even thousands of stupid posts that destroyed the value of my property. Hence, I dumped two very valuable and rare pieces because of social hysteria and generalized stupidity.
    I detest the term "textbook," which is borne out by very little in the actual record of the past.

The new book on the SS that I discussed elsewhere bears out this point quite well, actually, which is further evidence that generalizations about "colored pipes" are mostly nonsense.

I long collected army caps, too, and have always taken some pleasure in the variety of colors on a purely childish level.

A successful collector is one who surmounts the generalized errors embraced by a wrong headed majority.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffenfarbe, oh Waffenfarbe   Waffenfarbe, oh Waffenfarbe  

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-07-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Waffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeWaffenfarbe, oh WaffenfarbeThere is a certain poetry in how the white employed in SS caps turns to a kind of cream color with the march of time, it must be said.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    There is a certain poetry in how the white employed in SS caps turns to a kind of cream color with the march of time, it must be said.
    Absolutely, Schwarz-weiss is a very beautiful and very Prussian combination. It's truely sad that a moronic witch hunt devalued your property, though perhaps that was the intention all along?

"If the prongs are true and un-crimped then you will float!"

Quote by Eddie View Post
    Absolutely, Schwarz-weiss is a very beautiful and very Prussian combination. It's truely sad that a moronic witch hunt devalued your property, though perhaps that was the intention all along?

"If the prongs are true and un-crimped then you will float!"

Bravo.

You are quite right.

The disinformation and psychological warfare campaigns mounted by the platoon of poison dwarfs are well known.

Dear Eddie, I am actually relieved to have sold these "colored pipes" as they meant little to me.

I much prefer black SS uniforms, and the conventional grey SS caps, such as they are.

I am contrary.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast